Grant Award and Winners
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements
Students must be:
- A member of a team and either
- An AMEE individual Members or A Student of an AMEE Institutional Member
Each team can only submit one project
Only submissions meeting the following criteria are accepted
- Projects that contribute to the improvement of medical education within a university, region or country as described above.
- Projects developed and led by student teams
- Projects having a clear goal and objectives, describing the strategy/ methodology and how expected outcomes will be assessed and impact will be evaluated
- Projects that can be implemented and evaluated during the 5 months allocated to this stage, January – May
How to apply
Application for the grant
In addition to the Eligibility criteria above, applicants should read the following documents by clicking the links below:
Criteria to judge the submissions
Late applications and applications that exceed the page limit will not be taken into consideration.
- 30 October 2021 – Call for submissions
- 30 November 2021 – Closing date for application.
- 31 December 2021 – Announcement of the 4 shortlisted submissions.
- 1 January until 31 May 2022 – Implementation of the 4 shortlisted projects.
- 31 May 2022 – Deadline for submitting the shortlisted Implementation Reports.
- 30 June 2022 – Shortlisted applicants informed as to the Award Winner.
- Date to be announced later – Announcement of the SIG Award Winner at AMEE 2022 Annual Conference followed by a Short Presentation of the project by the winner team.
The Student Initiative Grant Working Group
Professor Madalena Patricio (AMEE)
Mădălina E. Mandache (AMEE Student Representative / IFMSA)
Irem Aktar (AMEE Student Representative / EMSA)
2 representatives of AMEE Student Members – to be appointed
Laaiqa Ossman (Project Administrator