The Student Initiatives Grant Awards is supported financially by AMEE and by a grant from ScholarRx, in line with their aim of promoting improvements in medical education and the development of learning resources in schools around the world in collaboration with students.
The aim of the award is to support student-led activities designed to improve medical education. The activities proposed could be a training workshop/webinar, the organisation of a conference, a research activity in medical education or the development of an educational resource.
From the submissions received, four are selected and these are provided with a grant of up to £750 as a contribution to support the implementation of the proposed initiative over the period from January to May 2022. Reports of the implementation are reviewed, and an overall winner is selected. The winner will receive up to £3000 to support members of their team to participate in the AMEE 2022 Conference in Lyon where they will present a paper describing the project.
The 2022 schedule of this initiative is described below
Grant Award and Winners
You will find a short activity description of the most recent grant recipients in the links below.
Previous Grant Winners and their projects:
- 2021 Winner project, Winner Presentation and AMEE announcement
- 2019 Winner project,
- 2018 Winner project,
- 2017 Winner project,
- 2016 Winner project,
Eligibility Criteria and Requirements
Students must be:
- A member of a team and either
- An AMEE individual Members or A Student of an AMEE Institutional Member
Each team can only submit one project
Only submissions meeting the following criteria are accepted
- Projects that contribute to the improvement of medical education within a university, region or country as described above.
- Projects developed and led by student teams
- Projects having a clear goal and objectives, describing the strategy/ methodology and how expected outcomes will be assessed and impact will be evaluated
- Projects that can be implemented and evaluated during the 5 months allocated to this stage, January – May
How to apply
Application for the grant
In addition to the Eligibility criteria above, applicants should read the following documents by clicking the links below:
Criteria to judge the submissions
Complete the application form and submit within the deadline, 30th November 2021, 23:59 GMT to [email protected].
Late applications and applications that exceed the page limit will not be taken into consideration.
- 30 October 2021 – Call for submissions
- 30 November 2021 – Closing date for application.
- 31 December 2021 – Announcement of the 4 shortlisted submissions.
- 1 January until 31 May 2022 – Implementation of the 4 shortlisted projects.
- 31 May 2022 – Deadline for submitting the shortlisted Implementation Reports.
- 30 June 2022 – Shortlisted applicants informed as to the Award Winner.
- Date to be announced later – Announcement of the SIG Award Winner at AMEE 2022 Annual Conference followed by a Short Presentation of the project by the winner team.
The Student Initiative Grant Working Group
Professor Madalena Patricio (AMEE)
Mădălina E. Mandache (AMEE Student Representative / IFMSA)
Irem Aktar (AMEE Student Representative / EMSA)
2 representatives of AMEE Student Members – to be appointed
Laaiqa Ossman (Project Administrator
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021