Name of the activity: Yo Decido (It’s My Choice)
Country/NMO: Peru (IFMSA-Peru)
Program: Maternal Health & Access to Safe Abortion
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Capacity Building (Training or Workshop)
Training that lasts 3 days and seeks to sensitize the medical student on the subject of safe abortion, talking about topic as: what is abortion and the implications of unsafe abortion, values clarification and addressing barriers, why is it important to be an advocate.
Access to Safe Abortion
Abortion: third cause of maternal death (17%), Just therapeutic abortions is legal ( If the mother’s life is at risk or her health), mother can get up to 2 years jail, doctors can get their license revoked and jail.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Medical students as a future health providers, to sensitize about this topic in a country with a lot of biases.
Objectives and indicators of success:
To develop participants’ capacity and commitment to take action on safe abortion
-We use the material provided by Ipas and translated it to spanish.
-Read, synthesize and present the information regarding abortion elaborated by the Ministry of Health
-Use the information and conducted as the LACMA workshop
Plans for evaluation:
The outcomes of the activities will be evaluated by a pre and post test.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021