Name of the activity: XXIX Colombian Student´s Congress of Medical Research (XXIX CECIM 2018): “Pediatrics: Critical Care and Emergency Medicine”
Country/NMO: Colombia (ASCEMCOL)
Program: Children Health & Rights
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Education
In this XXIX delivery of the event, scheduled from May 30 to June 2, 2018, it seeks to bring topics of pediatric interest to all our future colleagues, this being a sensitive issue and of great interest since by statistics it is the population most vulnerable, especially on the coast of the Colombian Caribbean (search statistics of competencies or degree of knowledge in pediatrics of internal and rural doctors in Latin America).
Children’s mental health, Children & healthy habits (physical activity, healthy eating, hygiene, etc), Early childhood diseases (pneumonia, malnutrition, diarrhoea, etc), Early childhood vaccines and preventable diseases, Children’s rights, Children’s rights with emphasis on the right to health and access to healthcare services
The CECIM (Colombian Student Medical Research Congress) has been held annually, for 29 years within the ASCEMCOL, in order to update future doctors on topics of interest chosen by the local host association, who in this case are CEM Uninorte, Barranquilla, Colombia. Within the framework of the CECIM, it is sought to eliminate existing barriers of a regional nature, promoting a space for dissemination of research projects.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Medical students, internal doctors and specialists.
Objectives and indicators of success:
– Promote the culture of scientific research through spaces of criticism, debate, dissemination and presentation of projects and research work of medical students, through an academic research team of experts involved in the subject.
– Promote the development of updates, practices and innovations in the
pediatric field at the National and International level, through conferences given for that purpose in the days of the event.
– Establish the need to generate medical research of the highest quality, by updating students, teachers and researchers in the area of health sciences on the advances of medical sciences, through the publishing workshops of scientific writing to promote the development of research skills in medical students.
– Encourage publication and presentation at national and international events,
of works and protocols, establishing a prioritization according to the new
challenges of research in Colombia in different fields of Health, through the medical trivia and the publication and scientific writing workshop where results will be obtained for the execution of the proposed objective.
– Conferences in the tents addressed on pediatrics, emergency medicine and critical care.
– Implementation of a medical trivia according to the proposed topic where the knowledge acquired during the training sessions will be evaluated on the days of the event.
– Application of a scientific publishing and writing workshop to strengthen the investigative competences acquired throughout the activities.
– Application of an auoevaluacion test to continue improving about the processes and the academic quality obtained according to the quality standards which will be agreed by the organizers of the event.
Plans for evaluation:
Formal questions before and after de program, where we evaluate preview knowledge and new skills learned during de congress.
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment