Name of the activity: World Human Rights Day
Country/NMO: MSAI India
Program: Ethics and Human Rights in Health
Contact information: contact [email protected] to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator
Type of the activity: First-time Activity
Focus area: Human Rights for Medical Professionals in daily clinical settings, Medical Ethics (Patient Centered Care, Good Medical Practice, direct doctor-patient relationship)
Sustainable Development Goals addressed: SDG 10 (Reduced Inequalities), SDG 11 (Sustainable Cities and Communities), SDG 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions)
Pandemic has brought the world to a major crossroads: either we concretely address the pervasive inequalities, or we continue on the path filled with injustices and inequalities. At the heart of human rights lie the principles of equality and non-discrimination. We must strive for a world where a life of equality in dignity and rights is a lived reality for all. So on Human Rights Day, 10 December, we are choosing to take the path that brings us towards a future with equality at its core.
- Medical students
- General population
- Medical students
- To sensitise minimum 200 medical students about World Human Rights Day with help of relevant statistics and infographics through a 3 days online awareness campaign
- To sensitise minimum 200 medical students about UN’s theme for World Human Rights Day 2021 with help of relevant statistics and infographics through a 3 day online awareness campaign
- To create awareness and promote World human rights day campaign for minimum 20 participants through an online BINGO challenge in a 3 day online awareness campaign
- To promote the campaign and to celebrate human rights advocates through humans of scorp nominations in a 3 day online awareness campaign
Indicators of Success:
- At least 60% of medical students become aware of World Human Rights Day
- At least 60% of medical students become aware of UN Theme for World Human Rights Day 2021
- WHRD Bingo
It is created keeping the theme of WHRD 2021 in mind, the BINGO will be posted and shared with participants on social media, Interested participants can fill the BINGO and nominate others for the same, they can post it on their social media accounts as well.
- Humans of SCORP
– Google form will be shared with the members through Whatsapp Spam , interested participants can fill the form and nominate SCORPions which inspire them the most as humans of scorp.
– The top 5 nominations will be featured on MSAI official instagram account.
– The top 5 will be selected by the NORPs keeping the motivation and inspiration of the nominations in mind
Online infographics and posts shared on social media platforms focusing on UN Theme on Human Rights Day 2021- EQUALITY – Reducing inequalities, advancing human rights
Plans for evaluation:
Calculate social media outreach of the infographics from MSAI’s Instagram page.
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024