1. Background: Registrations for the World Healthcare Students’ Symposium 2019 are
2. Information summary: The World Healthcare Students’ Symposium is a multidisciplinary, international gathering of students, featuring a variety of talks, workshops and events. This 4 day event promises to be an exciting opportunity to learn and tackle global health challenges and build international networks.
a. The symposium will take place from 28th of November to 2nd of December
b. WHSS will be hosted by the University of Cape Town, South Africa
3. Relevant links and what you need to do:
a. Read the email carefully and visit the website here
b. Check the step-by-step breakdown of the registration process here
c. Pre-Register on the website here
d. Download, fill and send your affiliation form to [email protected]
e. Wait until 1st of May to have your spot confirmed by IFMSA.
Dear IFMSA Family,
It is our pleasure to announce the opening of registrations for the 8th World Healthcare
Students’ Symposium (WHSS) 2019. The World Healthcare Students’ Symposium is a
multidisciplinary, international gathering of students in an array of health disciplines. Featuring a variety of talks, workshops and events, this 4 day event promises to be an exciting opportunity to learn, tackle global health challenges and build international networks. In 2019, WHSS will be hosted by the University of Cape Town, South Africa and will take place from 28th of November to 2nd of December.
Under the theme “COLLISIONS IN HEALTH: Youth leading Health for All”, WHSS 2019
provides a unique opportunity for you to meet healthcare students and professionals of all
backgrounds, to learn, discuss and draw inspiration from eminent speakers, policy makers and renowned global health leaders. WHSS also provides a unique platform for delegates to debate, build long lasting networks and friendships and come up with collaborative and innovative solutions to the World’s most pressing global health challenges. With around 1000 delegates expected, WHSS 2019 will be one of the largest global gathering of interprofessional students.
Organized every two years by 7 of the biggest international healthcare student organizations,
including IFMSA, the WHSS is, since 2011, a crucial platform for healthcare students to
converge, network and discuss the most important global health issues of our time. Don’t miss out on this chance and register now!
November 28th to December 2nd, University of Cape Town, South Africa
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Any student from an IFMSA NMO with an interest in interprofessional networks and other
healthcare professions, with the right motivation and enthusiasm for attending and contributing
to a great international event.
HOW TO APPLY?
In order to apply, please follow the step-by-step registration process:
1. Go to www.whss2019.com/registration
2. Complete the registration form
3. Download the affiliation form
4. Get the form signed by your NMO
5. Send the signed form to [email protected]
6. Await confirmation of your spot from IFMSA and payment details, after May 1st
1. Full pass: Includes UCT residence accommodation, access to the academic and core social programme, two teas and lunch – 260 euros
2. Full pass (excluding accommodation): Includes access to the academic and core social programme, two teas and lunch. No residence accommodation – 180 Euros
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION: May 1st , 20:00 GMT
Please note that after the deadline the applicants will be contacted by IFMSA’s representative in order to confirm the spot.
In case of any questions, please send an email to [email protected]
Teodor & WHSS2019 OC