Name of the activity: World Health Day
Country/NMO: IFMSA-CZ Czech Republic
Program: Healthy Lifestyles & Non-Communicable Diseases
Contact information: contact [email protected] to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator
Type of the activity: Continuous Activity
Focus area: Prevention of NCDs and Health Promotion, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, Sleeping troubles and active relax
Sustainable Development Goals addressed: SDG 3 (Good Health and Well-Being), SDG 4 (Quality Education)
At this project at our NMO, we try to provide services to our general population thoughout the whole country, in 6 big cities in the Czech Rebublic. Every year, we provide services like mesuring of blood presure, blood sugar, weight, BMI etc, and this year main topic is RELAX – including SLEEP and ACTIVE RELAX. In the pole of sleep, we want to point to how to sleep better, and it pole of active relax, we want to show, that running, cycling etc. is healthy and might be conciderd relaxing.
We would like to address main non-interest about self-monitoring in prevention about civil diseases in Czechia. Also for this year, we selected sleeping and active relax to adress, that a lot of people at our population have sleeping troubles and this problem is growing. Also, level of stress is also high, and good sleeping and active relax is prooven to be good prevention to that.
- General population
- General population
- Incarcerated individuals
- Raise awareness of sleeping problems among 600 medical students and provide them with options by experts how to improve our sleep.
- Raise awareness that physical activity leads to reduced stress, better-sleeping manners, and overall health among 600 medical students.
- Raise awareness about complications that might diabetes bring, try to convince them to monitor themselves, and for those who will have high blood sugar, provide them with glucometers for self-monitoring at home
- Raise awareness about morbidity and mortality which a non-healthy lifestyle – measure BMI and waist length and educate people with high BMI to try to decrease it.
Indicators of Success:
- Survey 1 or 2 months after the event – we will ask medical students that participated in the event if they are using any advice and if they help – goal at least 25% of participants will do the survey, at least 10% overall get better sleeping manners and better sleep overall
- Survey 1 or 2 months after the event – we will ask medical students that participated in the event if they are using any advice and if they help – goal at least 25% of participants will do the survey, at least 10% overall will start with more exercises
- At least 2000 people in Czechia will take a blood sugar test and at least 10% of those who do not know they have or might have diabetes will see the diabetologist
- At least 1500 people in Czechia will take a BMI measurement and waist length measurement and in the long term see decreasing rate of obesity
This event happens annually around 7th April. This year´s event will happen between 11th of April 2023 till 16th of April 2023. The leader will be me as NPO, then every LC has its LPOs who will be leaders at their city + there are several local coordinators. With the event itself, our NMO members will help us. We are trying to obtain as many partners as possible in the field of medical resources, pharmaceutical companies, and health insurance companies. Sustainability is good, all we need is willing students to help and people to visit us.
Plans for evaluation:
As mentioned above, directly after we not able to provide direct results, but we can provide how many people visited us, how many people were in stage of some sickcness like pre-diabetes, high cholesterol etc. We will ask students who will be helping us, how they saw the event
ROCHE – NGO – equiptment for blood sugar messurement
Wellion – NGO – equiptment for blood sugar messurement and cholesterol messurement
EUC Clinic – NGO – sleeping laboratories, maybe financial support
AGEL – NGO – material hepl and maybe financial support
VZP – Health insurance company – financial help
Maybe more, we are still trying to find some others
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024