Name of the activity: World Health Day Event
Country/NMO: QMSA-Qatar & PMSA-Palestine
Program: Environment and Health
Contact information: contact [email protected] to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator
Type of the activity: First-time Activity
Category: Capacity Building
Focus area: Food Production and Security
Sustainable Development Goals addressed: SDG 2 (Zero Hunger), SDG 3 (Good Health and Well-Being)
There has been an increasing burden on health because of the lifestyle of people. Diet is commonly associated with most diseases. It is important to educate medical students about various reasons behind improper diets and the elements of food security.
In addition, research shows that medical students are more likely to suffer from burnout (Murphy, 2020). Therefore, this activity will also target stress management and burnout due to the high prevalence of these issues among medical students.
- Healthcare Students
- General population
- Healthcare Students
- Share the opinions of the medical students through asking medical students a series of questions about health and posting their videos on SCOPH Instagram stories on April 7th 2022.
- Engage at least 50 students to promote awareness about access to healthy eating & stress management by participating in a 2-day interactive online sessions on 8th & 9th April 2022
Indicators of Success:
- Have at least 50 participants attending the event on both days
- Gain at least 200 views on the Instagram stories
On World health day, 7th April 2022, videos of people answering questions about health will also be posted on SCOPH Instagram stories. On April 8th 2022, an announcement of the event will be sent via email to QMSA members with information about the event and a google forms link to apply.
Day 1 of the event will be held online on 8th April 2022, where trainers will be delivering sessions on the topics of diet and stress.
The second day of the event will be online on 9th April 2022. This will be an interactive session where the participants will be divided into breakout rooms to have activities about the information delivered to them on Day 1.
Sessions timeline and facilitators:
Saif IFMSA- Egypt – 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm GMT (Dealing with stress as a medical student)
Menna IFMSA- Egypt – 11:30 am – 1:00 pm GMT (Food security and safety)
Ehab and Aishat- 1:00- 2:00 pm GMT (Online interactive workshop based on the previous 2 sessions delivered)
Plans for evaluation:
1) Number of participants attending on both event days.
2) Track the number of views on Instagram stories.
3) Post activity survey of 3 questions on Instagram story
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment