We are pleased to invite you to become an intern at the World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), as part of the WFME-IFMSA internship program.
Where? Interns will work at the headquarters of the World Federation for Medical Education, in Ferney-Voltaire, France (20 minutes from Geneva, Switzerland).
When? Participants can currently apply for:
- Summer period (July 1 – September 30) → 1 position available
- Fall period (October 1 – December 31) → 1 position available
What is provided for the chosen intern?
The WFME will provide all interns with:
- 800EUR monthly stipend (or 500EUR for students who find external funding, like Erasmus)
- Free airplane transportation from the intern’s country of origin to Ferney-Voltaire, up to 750EUR
Interns will be responsible for all other expenses (accommodation, food, additional transportation fees), and are encouraged to find other sources of funding.
Who should apply?
Key skills and attributes
- Commitment to enhancing the quality of information around medical education programmes
- Knowledge and familiarity with the use of databases/excel and an excellent ability to work independently
- General computer skills
- Comfortable working with people from different countries
- Oral and written communication skills
- Speaking English and at least one other language
We expect all interns to be committed, well-organized and hard-working, which includes being available and present at the WFME office during the intern period. Any absences have to be arranged with the WFME supervisor.
What are the tasks required by the intern?
This internship is opened for a medical student to join the WFME office for a 3 month period and support the development of the World Directory of Medical Schools. The intern is expected to participate in:
- Shared management of the medical school records hosted within the World Directory of Medical Schools, www.wdoms.org
- External electronic and telephone communications, including through IFMSA networks and sourcing and establishing new contacts
- Developing and maintaining close working with other international organizations including FAIMER (www.faimer.org) and the World Medical Association (www.wma.net)
- Monitoring and reporting on own work output in line with organizational objectives
- Other duties as may reasonably be required by the President and senior colleagues
- Filling in the report after completion of the internship
How to apply?
There are two steps to applying.
- Send a CV (maximum two pages) and letter of motivation (maximum one page) to “[email protected]”. The subject of the message must be: “[WFME internship] Application – Last name, First name”.
- Send a signed and stamped Candidature Form by your NMO President, together with the CV and letter of motivation (same email). Find the form here: https://goo.gl/a38edC
- After having sent your documents, please fill out the following google form: https://goo.gl/forms/xox9DWrC8JjAm2pN2
Deadline: April 15th, 2018, 23.59 GMT.
- Demonstrable skills and attributes as outlined in the person specification
- Experience working in the field of medical education
- Experience working independently in projects requiring attention to detail
Kindly note that shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by the LME and the WFME President in late April.
Want more information?
For the WFME website, click here.
For all other questions, please e-mail Katerina Dima (Liaison Officer for Medical Education Issues) at: [email protected].
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment