Name of the activity: World Diabetes Day-UGM
Country/NMO: Indonesia (CIMSA-ISMKI)
Program: Healthy Lifestyles & Non-Communicable Diseases
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign. Combination of education and advocacy. Campaigns create awareness in society about a certain topic (education aspect) and try to funnel this awareness into pressure on the decision makers to adapt policies accordingly (advocacy aspect).
“Indonesia ranked 7th with the diabetics prevalence in the world, with more than 10 million of people becomes the sufferers. In The Special Region of Yogyakarta itself, the prevalence of DM is at the highest number by reaching 2.6%. Based on data from the Yogyakarta Health Office in 2017, the highest number of patients with DM is in the Puskesmas Gondokusuman 1 with the number of patients reaching 430 patients.
Therefore, this event was held to providing knowledge to the public regarding diabetes mellitus, a risk factor, prevention and treatment; increase public awareness of diabetes mellitus; growing public awareness for a healthier life as one form of prevention of diabetes mellitus; improve the insight and skills of SCOPH CIMSA UGM members in make efforts to promote and educate health specifically about diabetes pass a simple health and education examination; and celebrating World Diabetes Day”
In Indonesia, in 2015 it was ranked 7th with prevalence diabetics are the highest with the pestimization of 10 million people becoming sufferers In The Special Region of Yogyakarta itself, the prevalence of DM is at the highest number by reaching 2.6%. Based on data from the Yogyakarta Health Office in 2017, the highest number of patients with DM is in the Puskesmas Gondokusuman 1 with the number of patients reaching 430 patients.
General population, Medical students, Youth, Women, Elderly people
General population, Medical students, Healthcare Students, Other health professionals, Elderly people
Objectives and indicators of success:
Conduct simple health checks, seminars and talk shows educative, and physical activities at Embung Langensari to improve awareness and knowledge of residents in the Gondokusuman area regarding diabetes and the role of the family in managing diabetes within 6 hours measured by increasing posttest values from pretest to 60%
1. Providing knowledge to the public regarding diabetes mellitus, a risk factor, prevention and treatment
2. Increase public awareness of diabetes mellitus
3. Growing public awareness for a healthier life as one form of prevention of diabetes mellitus (GERMAS)
4. Improve the insight and skills of SCOPH CIMSA UGM members in make efforts to promote and educate health specifically about diabetes pass a simple health and education examination.
5. Celebrating World Diabetes Day
1. The attendance of at least 60 people
2. Increase public awareness about diabetes mellitus seen from the increase in post-test value to 60%
3. The implementation of training or debriefing for SCOPH CIMSA UGM members regarding diabetes mellitus, risk factors, prevention, and action treatment, and how to do a simple health check”
World Diabetes Day 2018 was held in Embung Langensari, Yogyakarta on November 18. The event began with healthy gymnastics together with the Yogyakarta Special Region Youth and Sports Service, followed by a talk show from Dr. M. Robhikul M. Kes SpPD KEMD, representative of the Indonesian Diabetes Association. The program then continued with sharing with diabetics from Prolanis Jogjakarta. After that, a health examination was held by members of CIMSA UGM and CIMSA UKDW. Health consultations are carried out by the Indonesian Diabetes Association team, dr. Anita Septiana Maria, Dr. Carolina Hajir, and Dr. Ana Khairina and CIMSA UGM alumni, dr. Muhammad Herdhana Ash Shidiqi, S.E. . The event was closed with a door prize announcement to the event participants. Hopefully this project collaboration can provide benefits and kindness to the community.
Plans for evaluation:
“Based our indicator of success
1. For the attendance, we managed that everybody that came must left their signature in the registration table. From the data that we obtained, we had 101 participant
2. For the increase post-test result, we share a multiple choice form in the end of the event, and we calculate the score. We got that there were increase in score to 61,44%
3. For the members skill, we make an observation to their skill, and they doing well”
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024
- SKY Meeting – ANEM Portugal