On World AIDS Day, December 1 2012, members from every local committee of IFMSA-Sweden marched through the old university town of Lund to raise awareness about the HIV epidemic, and the stigma and discrimination related to the disease.
IFMSA Sweden had its national general assembly the same weekend and the theme for the event was Sexual Health. Different sexual health issues, including HIV/AIDS, were discussed and everyone participated in the march.
The crowd is forming three circles, symbolizing three zeros: zero new infections, zero discrimination and zero aids-related deaths. Today, about 5000 people in Sweden have HIV.
Image: Simon Schmidbauer
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021