As every single year, at the 1st of December HelMSIC took action for World AIDS Day 2012!
Participating in UNAIDS’s campaign, our slogan, our goal was Getting to Zero. Knowing that the only way to prevention is through education, this year in Greece we adressed mainly the youth, encouraging them to be cautious regarding their own sexual health and their sexual partners’ as well and stay safe. We also addressed people in the subjects of stigma and discrimination.
Athens, Alexandroupolis, Irakleion, Thessaloniki, Ioannina, Larisa and Patra were the 7 cities, where peer education seminars, workshops and street actions where held in puncto HIV/ AIDS. The street actions with red candles, red ribbons, red balloons and lots of enthusiastic SCORAngels where held in central spots and squares of all cities, with informative leaflets and free condom distribution.
Here you can see photos of our actions. Enjoy!!
SCORA hugs from all over Greece,
Ioanna and Evangelia
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment