Name of the activity: Workshop on Access to safe abortion
Country/NMO: Bangladesh (BMSS)
Program: Maternal Health & Access to Safe Abortion
Type of the activity: Capacity Building (Training or Workshop)
We will arrange an workshop where IFMSA certified trainers will train young people .Besides we will also arrange online campaign to advocate for safe and legal abortionSafe abortion is a woman’s right. Unsafe abortions cause infertility , death and disability. Every year 70000 women die due to unsafe abortion. Our workshop will enable our participants to achieve a modern and healthy outlook regarding abortions. As a result they will be able to play an active role in alleviating all the stigma regarding abortion. They will inform the mass people about the necessity of safe and legal abortion. As a result ,we expect to reduce the number of unsafe and death toll due to unsafe abortion.
Access to Safe Abortion
Every year 70000 women die due to unsafe abortion. It is women’s right to get safe abortion if required.we want to remove the stigma about abortion.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Target group :Medical Students ,Beneficiaries:Women of reproductive age group
Objectives and indicators of success:
1.Correct the misconception regarding abortion
2.Decrease the rate of unsafe abortion
3.Decrease the death due to unsafe abortion
4. Prepare medical students who will advocate for safe abortions
We will arrange an workshop where IFMSA certified trainers will train young people .Besides we will also arrange online campaign to advocate for safe and legal abortion.
Plans for evaluation:
Pre and post evaluation form
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021