Name of the activity: Week of Donation
Country/NMO: France (ANEMF)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign
Organ donation, Blood donation, Marrow donation
Nowadays the different types of donation aren’t well known by both students and general public. Lots of myths and wrong believes still exist and can prevent people from donating bone marrow for instance.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Target group 1 : medical students (directly connected to our external communication channels)
Target group 2 : general population (thanks to medical students sharing our messages).
Beneficiaries are the ones that need those donations.
Objectives and indicators of success:
– To raise awareness around the different types of donation
– To end with myths and clichés about donation
– To encourage people, especially student associations, to create projects such as conferences to sensitize general public.
Success indicators :
– The number of people who shared the publications
– The number of associations which decided to raise awareness about those topics during the meantime
During this week, each day we focused on a specific type of donation : blood, platelets, bone marrow, organs, plasma and cord blood. We made infographics for each donation to give the main informations about it (how you could donate, who can do it, why is it important, what are the myths around it…). Local associations organized conferences this week to raise awareness.
Plans for evaluation:
As it’s the first edition, we won’t see a large impact in the number of donation yet which is, in the end, the main objective of the campaign. We evaluated the outcomes, as we said before, by looking the visibility of our campaign. For the impact on creating new projects in the local associations, we collected every new initiative and we’ll compare the number of new projects each year to see the impact of this activity.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021