Name of the activity: Dengue Awareness Campaign: Fight the Bite!
Country/NMO: ANEM Portugal
Program: Communicable Diseases
Contact information: contact [email protected] to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator
Type of the activity: First-time Activity
Focus area: Work to increase rate of Vaccination, Early childhood vaccines and preventable diseases
Sustainable Development Goals addressed: SDG 3 (Good Health and Well-Being)
The prevalence of anti-vaxxers groups in the population have been increasing, especially during the last two years of the COVID-19 pandemic. About 7% of the population don’t consider that vaccines are safe and about 5% don’t consider that vaccines are effective, according to data from Our World in Data.
The disinformation and the spreading of fake news are obstacles to the health literacy and to our own health, that Vaccination Guide 101 is focused on improving.
- General population
- Medical students
- Healthcare Students
- Other health professionals
- General population
– Provide reliable information about the vaccination process and the National Vaccination Program implemented in Portugal to the population, medical students and health professionals – at least 3000 people
– Clarify and demystify any doubts and any misinformation about vaccination to at least 1000 people
– Clarify information and FAQs about vaccination during pregnancy, on travelers and other specific groups to at least 1000 people of those specific groups
– Promote the engagement and reliability of the population regarding the vaccination process to at least 1000 people
Indicators of Success:
– Number of people reached with the Vaccination Guide 101
– Number of medical students reached with the Vaccination Guide 101
– Number of doctors and health professionals reached with the Vaccination Guide 101
– Number of pregnant people, travelers and other specific groups reached with the Vaccination Guide 101
Firstly, since the Vaccination Guide 101 is a manual with scientific and clear information about the vaccination process and the National Vaccination Program, we produced the manual in our Public Health Working Group. After simplifying the information, we sent it to some Public Health specialists who coordinate the vaccination process in their regions. They kindly reviewed our manual, suggesting some changes in order to improve it.
After we finished, we planned a PRC plan to promote it on social media and with the target groups. Therefore, we plan to share it on social media during the World Immunization Week 2022 in ANEM-Portugal’s social media, with a creative campaign. Also, we are going to share it with other health students’ associations and health professionals’ associations.
Plans for evaluation:
Measure the engagement and analyze the social media statistics
Measure the number of associations who share our manual
We collaborate with Public Health doctors in our activity as they review our manual to assure it is reliable and has scientific value.
We also collaborate with health students’ associations and health professionals’ associations on inviting them to share and promote our manual in their social media and with their target groups.