Name of the activity: Tsingsi Hair Donation Action
Country/NMO: China (IFMSA-China)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Third Party Activities
Tissue donation, excluding blood donation
The number of cancer patients in China is rapidly increasing with heavy financial burden to get chemoradiotherapy. They suffer from severe hair loss and other side effects but have no money to buy a wig.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Target group and beneficiaries: Cancer patients who suffer from hair losses.
Objectives and indicators of success:
Objectives: 1. Collect ponytails and make them into wigs. 2. Donate wigs to cancer patients. 3. Educate medical students about human rights and medical ethics.
Indicators: The number of donors and beneficiaries. The number of medical students who participated in the voluntary work.
1. We collect ponytails from healthy people and make the ponytails into wigs.
2. We collaborate with Zhongnan Hospital and collect the information of the cancer patients. Then prepare wigs for them.
3. We contact the wigs provider and deliver the wigs to the patients’ house.
Plans for evaluation:
We collect the number of our participants and beneficiaries. Our activity has been reported by the local newspaper and have over 10 thousand readers.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021