Name of the activity: The World is a System
Program: Health Systems
Contact information: contact [email protected] to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator
Type of the activity: First-time Activity
Focus area: Health systems as a whole
Sustainable Development Goals addressed: SDG 1 (No Poverty), SDG 3 (Good Health and Well-Being), SDG 10 (Reduced Inequalities)
The world is a system is a campaign to aware future health care providers especially medical students about the types of health systems in each country their advantages and disadvantages to make sure that they the right information to build a new health system for health care in Iraq when they become a part of the decision making group in the future especially that until now
Unfortunately, millions of citizens lack health care in Iraq, We are in the year 2022 and the simplest means of health care is not available and that is why the citizens are in a real predicament when facing any disease or health problem in government institutions that lack the required equipment you must wait for a long time until you can enter. As for the private health institutions it is costly, which burden the citizens and that we lack any health system infrastructure in Iraq.
- Medical students
- General population
1.Educate 250 medical students to increase their knowledge regarding the Iraqi health system from 5/3/2022 to 31/3/2022.
- Provide the knowledge for 250 students about the building blocks of health systems from 5/3/2022 to 31/3/2022.
- Elaborate to 250 students about the methods in which they could advocate about health systems in their respective communities from 5/3/2022 to 31/3/2022.
- Motivate 250 medical collect data about the current level of knowledge about health systems in Iraqi colleges/universities through assessments forms from 1/4/2022 to 29/4/2022
1.(at least 200 medical students are reached)
2.(at least 75% increase in the pre and post evaluation forms)
3.(at least 200 medical students are reached)
4.( At least 700 students fill the assessment forms)
- Conduct 14 sessions 1 online or physical session in each LC
from 5/3/2022 to 31/3/2022.
- Pre and post evaluation forms
- Powerpoint presentations
- Assessment forms
Plans for evaluation:
- Pre and post impact assessment form for the medical
- Feedback analysis after each training session.
- Number of medical students who are targeted.
- Number of medical students who are trained.
- Reflection sessions after the sessions to discuss the weak
and strong points during the work to improve our future
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment