Name of the activity: The Sex Express (Sexekspressen)
Country/NMO: Denmark (IMCC)
Program: Realizing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Education. Education on health issues for specific societal groups, either in the form of projects (set of tasks for a certain group over a fixed period of time), events (something notable that happens) or conferences (form meeting about ideas related to a particular topic, usually over several days).
The sex express has existed since 1998 which means that this year we celebrate our 20th anniversary. For most of those years we’ve been an activity in IMCC-Denmark. We are located in 5 major cities in DK and have more than 300 active members. We provide peer-to-peer CSE in primary schools for the students aged 13-16 and each year more than 2000 students are educated on sexual health.
Comprehensive Sexuality Education
In Denmark sexual education is mandatory in primary school. The government sets overall, loosely, defined goals. However it is not specified how it should be taught. The result is that the quality of the teaching given to the students is varying depending on your teacher, your school and the region you live in. That is why we think it is important that we can go out an provide proper sexual education for young people around the country.
General population, Children, Youth
Objectives and indicators of success:
– that all adolecents in DK have recieved sexual education of proper quality by the time they graduate from primary school.
– The Danish youth are aware of their own body and sexuality and respect others.
– That all pregnancies are wanted.
– To eliminate STI’s in DK.
We teach as many school classes as we can manage pr. year teaching more and more every year. We are 2-3 teachers pr. classroom and spend an entire school day with the young people talking about a large range of subjects. Anatomy feelings, STI`s, contraceptives, sexuality, gender, consent, masturbation, relationships. In genereal we cover a lot of topics in one day through fun games and activities.
Plans for evaluation:
All volunteers are expected to continuously evaluate on each other and seek evaluation from others. In year on our GA we review and evaluate on the acitivitys progress and possible challenges the past year. We conduct a survey with all students that receive CSE and review the answers continuously.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021