Name of the activity: The Dream School Bus
Program: Ethics and Human Rights in Health
Contact information: contact [email protected] to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator
Type of the activity: First-time Activity
Category: Third-Party Activity
Focus area: Rights of a child, including non-discrimination, non-violence, access to education and health care.
Sustainable Development Goals addressed: SDG 3 (Good Health and Well-Being), SDG 4 (Quality Education), SDG 10 (Reduced Inequalities), SDG 11 (Sustainable Cities and Communities)
While the whole world is fighting to reach the SDGs, many regions are still being left behind, lacking access to basic needs and rights, such as healthcare, education, and safe habitat.
- General population
- General population
- Train the 100 inhabitants of the Toufliht region in the first first aid measures.
– Educational orientation session and future prospects for the benefit of 100 schoolchildren from the Toufliht region.
– Organize a Teddy Bear Hospital for the benefit of 100 schoolchildren in the Toufliht region.
– Distribution of school bags (complete school supplies) + Pairs of gloves, socks
and hats to over 95 schoolchildren in the Toufliht region.
– Creation of a library containing more than 120 books in French and Arabic at
the village school.
– Sensitize more than 50 women to sex education and personal hygiene.
Indicators of Success:
The library is accessible by students
The inhabitants of the village are aware of the importance of first aid
The inhabitants of the village are comfortable in the step by step process of first aid
Children have shown a real trust in medical students and professional
Children have knowledge in basics of hygiene
Children have access to education in better conditions
Women are more comfortable in their sexuality, are aware of all the means of contraception, know their rights, and are aware of the symptoms of STDs
Children are constructing their professional projects
Contacting the local authorities to know the needs specific to the region.
setting the objective of the first edition of the Dream school Bus
Call of participants
Brain-storming of activities
Purchasing school supplies, books & clothes
Training of participating members in sex education and personal hygiene, in first aid & the Teddy bear hospital
Logistical preparation of the trip
Preparation of the venue
Teddy Bear Hospital: Reception, Clinical examination, Brushing and healthy teeth, Nutrition and physical activity – Surgery – awareness of taking medication …
Educational orientation session and future prospects for the benefit of 100 students of the region
Awareness of sex education and personal hygiene for the benefit of adolescent girls and women of the village.
First aid training for the children and mothers of the village
Creation of a library containing more than 120 books
Distribution of more than 95 satchels to students
Plans for evaluation:
The methods you used in the assessment of your activity.
he evaluation was done on site. We evaluated the knowledge of participants orally before the activity and after. Children and women were satisfied with the knowledge learnt and the environment. They were genuinely happy and excited to have us.
We are planning on sending a form that will permit us to evaluate the knowledge 4 months after the event. The form will be conducted by the local association.
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024