Name of the activity: Students’ drop of blood
Country/NMO: Slovakia (SloMSA)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Type of the activity: Education
Every year approximately 180 000 pints of blood are needed, but there is always a lack of donors in Slovakia.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Target group are medical students and beneficiaries are all people who will be given blood collected in these activities.
Objectives and indicators of success:
The main objective is to raise awareness among the medical students about blood donation, and collect as many blood donations as possible. The success indicators is amount of pints of blood.
In cooperation with The National Blood Transfusion Service of the Slovak Republic we organize events in medical dorms or faculties in 3 big cities in Slovakia (Bratislava, Košice, Martin), where medical students of good health can donate blood and get know more about blood donation process. Before the events they are informed about conditions for donation by the internet and posters.
Plans for evaluation:
Our evaluation –
1.The number of students who came to the events
2.The number of blood donation collected.
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment