Name of the activity: Students’ drop of blood
Country/NMO: Slovakia (SloMSA)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Type of the activity: Education
Every year approximately 180 000 pints of blood are needed, but there is always a lack of donors in Slovakia.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Target group are medical students and beneficiaries are all people who will be given blood collected in these activities.
Objectives and indicators of success:
The main objective is to raise awareness among the medical students about blood donation, and collect as many blood donations as possible. The success indicators is amount of pints of blood.
In cooperation with The National Blood Transfusion Service of the Slovak Republic we organize events in medical dorms or faculties in 3 big cities in Slovakia (Bratislava, Košice, Martin), where medical students of good health can donate blood and get know more about blood donation process. Before the events they are informed about conditions for donation by the internet and posters.
Plans for evaluation:
Our evaluation –
1.The number of students who came to the events
2.The number of blood donation collected.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021