- Background: Call for Participants for IFMSA- AMEEMR – GOSA Social Accountability Online Course
- Information summary: In a first of its kind collaboration, IFMSA will be working with AMEEMR and GOSA to deliver an Online Social Accountability Course aiming to empower participants to actively participate and be engaged in the processes of transformation towards social accountability.
- The course will take place between May and July.
- Deadline to apply: 22nd April, 2019 11:59GMT
- Up to 20 participants will be selected.
- What you need to do:
- Read this email carefully
- Apply by filling in the application form below.
- Relevant Links:
- Application form: here
Dear Students worldwide,
It is with great pleasure that we open the call for the first Online Social Accountability Course held in collaboration with AMEEMR (Association for Medical Education in the Eastern Mediterranean), the regional partner of the WFME in the EMR and GOSA (Group on Social Accountability) which is one of the task forces created in AMEEMR to to promote adoption of social accountability by medical and health professions schools and accreditation bodies in EMRO-Region. The platform for the online course will be provided by the Education Development Center (EDC) of the University of Gezira in Sudan.
The core goal of this online course is to empower medical students to actively participate and be engaged in the processes of transformation towards social accountability. It will be open to approximately 20 medical students of all regions. Courses will last for 2 months and will bear no participation fees. Following completion and attendance of at least 80% of the course, participants will receive an IFMSA, AMEEMR and EDC-Gezira Certificate.
May 5 – July (closing date to be determined together with the participants)
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Any student with:
– a certain interest in social accountability and/or background on medical education;
– sufficient English skills;
– availability for the mentioned period;
– the right motivation and enthusiasm!
All applications will be judged by the Coordinators team. Selections will be made based on:
– relevant experience
– future plans for use of experience gained
– geographical and gender diversity
April 22nd, 23.59h GMT
Any application after the deadline will not be accepted!
With warm regards,
Adonis & Katerina
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment