Name of the activity: #SketchItOut
Country/NMO: India (MSAI)
Program: Mental Health
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Direct Engagement for Health Improvement of Target Population
Depression is the leading cause of ill-health and disability in the world, affecting over 300 million people. (WHO)
However, depression can be tackled at its roots when people are encouraged to express themselves in some form of the other. While it might be difficult to do so in words (stories/poems), it is relatively easy to just scribble and doodle out emotions onto paper. Hence, the idea for the campaign: “if there is something you wish to express, just #SketchItOut!”
Mental Health among the general population
The campaign “Depression: Let’s Talk!” for WHD2017 asked people to express themselves, and let their frustration out. However, it is not always possible to depict feelings in words or speech. But virtually, anyone can scribble it out on paper as either an aesthetic sketch or a random doodle.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
In general, all individuals studying/working in an institution/workplace, starting with medical and other college students.
Objectives and indicators of success:
To inform viewers of the concept of the “#SketchItOut” activity, and encourage them to participate
A well-constructed and meticulously designed social media campaign to attract participants.
Plans for evaluation:
1) Number of User Submissions
2) Feedback from the Participants
3) Social media analytics
4) General feedback about the activity
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021