Name of the activity: Shëndeti në Punë – “Workplace Health”
Program: Environment and Health
Contact information: contact [email protected] to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator
Type of the activity: Continuous Activity
Focus area: Air Pollution, Workplace Health Promotion
Sustainable Development Goals addressed: SDG 3 (Good Health and Well-Being), SDG 8 (Decent Work and Economic Growth)
We aim at better communication and exchange with students from other disciplines (veterinary medicine, pharmacy students, …) with the objective to organize common lectures and other joined activities. Furthermore, we wrote a policy paper on One Health and want to create awareness how climate change problems are linked to other global health crises (e.g. how global warming favors emerging infectious diseases) through advocacy work and (social media) campaigns.
In addition to the educational lectures that promote health in the workplace, we will carry out a research on the health condition of our target group (200 mining workers in Kosovo), since there are no statistics on this matter.
- General population
- Medical students
- Policy makers
Reporting the health status of miners: specifically the respiratory system.
Reporting the use of protective equipment during work (regulated by law).
Providing health examination and consultation for miners.
Indicators of Success:
Better environmental policies will be made. Cautious Miners that do regular check-ups at the doctor. Medical students and future healthworkers will be better educated and preparedd to manage the health effects of environmental issues as well as gain experience in effective advocacy.
We will start by conducting examinations and health consultations, so we can do a descriptive research on the frequency and distribution of diseases of the respiratory system of miners in Kosovo. All the miners selected will have to give their written consent for participation in this study. The research will be carried out in two locations: in Kishnice and Trepçe.The project will require the engagement of volunteers
– The organizational structure will consist of: Project manager; The financial representative (execution of the financial budget), the two coordinators (the coordinator for research and the coordinator for the implementation of the discussion and management table) as well as the participants will be 8 doctors of the relevant subject who will hold informative sessions (4 for the city of Mitrovica and 4 for the city of Gjilan) as well as 3 experts for the realization of the research.
Plans for evaluation:
During the whole time we will be supervising the performance through “timesheets”, photos from the activities and participation lists. Other external supervision will be possible through the health reports of the beneficiaries and the final report which will help us evaluate the outcomes ofour Activity.
We are collaborating with two Mines “Trepca” and “Kishnica”. And also this project will be funded by The European Union.
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024
- SKY Meeting – ANEM Portugal