Name of the activity: SCORA x SCORP – 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence
Program: Gender-Based Violence
Contact information: contact [email protected] to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator
Type of the activity: First-time Activity
Focus area: Female Genital Mutilation, Women Empowerment, Domestic Violence, Honor Killing, Sexual Exploitation and Rape, Early and Forced Marriages
Sustainable Development Goals addressed: SDG 3 (Good Health and Well-Being), SDG 5 (Gender Equality), SDG 10 (Reduced Inequalities), SDG 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions)
The activity aims to address the issue of gender based violence, which is still very much prevalent in today’s society. Especially during the COVID-19, 6 out of 10 women reported that their difficulties have worsened due to the pandemic. COVID-19 demonstrated that we are unprepared to respond to the rapid escalation of all forms of GBV. To ensure that no woman is left behind, this activity will educate, advocate, and create a safe space for people to discuss experiences and shed light on GBV.
- General population
- To raise awareness in the general population about forms of GBV and its subtopics including, intimate partner violence; sexual violence and harassment; human trafficking (slavery, sexual exploitation);female genital mutilation; and child marriage through a social media campaign including infographics for a duration of 16 days.
- To encourage the general public to express their opinions and share experiences on GBV through interactive social media platforms (such as Instagram stories interactions)
- To encourage collaborations between SCORA Thailand and external/international organization/NGO term 2021-2022 through collaboration with SCORP and other social media influencers account involved in the fight against GBV
Indicators of Success:
1.To have at least 50 people receiving each educational infographic post on the subtopics including, intimate partner violence; sexual violence and harassment; human trafficking (slavery, sexual exploitation);female genital mutilation; and child marriage through a scoial media campaign including infographics for a duration of 16 days. This will be indicated by the number of likes on each post SCORA_Thailand Instagram by 11th of Dec.
- To have at least 50+ people participating by using the SCORA-Thailand GBV Instagram filters and interactive safe space to express their opinions and share experiences on GBV through interactive social media platforms to further promote the fight against GBV.
- Collaborate with SCORP-Thailand on 7 educational infographics on the topic of GBV, which will be published on both SCORA-Thailand and SCORP-Thailand social media throughout the 16 days of activism.
Firstly, set the desired objectives. Recognize that GBV is a worldwide issue and set objectives revolving around raising awareness and exchanging ideas on GBV.
The next step taken is to brainstorm ideas and start the project proposal: Brainstorming sessions between core members to finalize activity plans to set objectives.
Next is team recruitment. Recruitment announcement was posted in the core team members group to recruit passionate team members from SCORA Thailand.
Then, necessary meetings need to be held in order to assign work and finalize the timeline for the project as well as work allocation.
Next, take action. To achieve the stated objectives, 7 educational infographics on GBV and GBV Instagram filters will be published on SCORA social media throughout the 16 days of activism.
Lastly, feedback and evaluation would be required to determine the success of the project according to the success indicators through reflection sessions and Instagram insights analysis.
Plans for evaluation:
The outcome of the activity will be evaluated based upon the social media reach. The likes on Instagram can be indicative of how many people had access to this information. There will also be a meeting for the project staff at the end of the project to provide feedback for improvements of future projects, as well as, evaluating the success of the project by looking at statistics provided by the Instagram “Insights” to check for account reach and interaction from the start to the end of the 16 days of activism.
We collaborated with SCORP-Thailand to create content during the 16 days of activism.
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment