Name of the activity: SCORA campaign
Country/NMO: Iraq (Kurdistan) (IFMSA-Kurdistan)
Program: Realizing Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Education. Education on health issues for specific societal groups, either in the form of projects (set of tasks for a certain group over a fixed period of time), events (something notable that happens) or conferences (form meeting about ideas related to a particular topic, usually over several days).
our campaign is going to be held in a sociocultural center which is a center near a refugee campus, the refugees will attend the center and we will present seminars and trainings about a number of topics (that are not fixed) but are mostly Prostate cancer awareness
Breast cancer awareness
Puberty and sexual development
Ending harmful practices
Comprehensive Sexuality Education
The sexual education in our locality (Kurdistan region, northeren iraq) is very poor and insufficient, this activity includes a number of SCORA’s projects combined and presented at a refugee campus, for men, women and children seperately, in two languages, which enables us to talk about the topics that suits each target group, seperately.
Children, Youth, Women, Migrants, Refugees
Objectives and indicators of success:
* helping men and women realize their sexual rights
* explain safe contraception methddods
* help children understand their bodies and the changes they will go through during puberty
* raise awareness about breast cancer and training on self-examination
* raise awareness about prostate cancer
* raise awareness about hepatitis and other STDs that are common amongts the refugees
*raise awareness about FGM and other harmfull practices
Seminar presentation and trainings.
Plans for evaluation:
Our activities are performed under supervision of the NGO that we collaborate with, their representatives attend our sessions.
We also take back feedback from the attendies, that evaluate our activity based on some fixed questions in addition to writing notes and comments about the sessions.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021