Name of the activity: SCOPH Comfort Care Artsfest
Program: Health Systems
Contact information: contact [email protected] to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator
Type of the activity: First-time Activity
Focus area: Primary healthcare from the perspective of the health system, Human resources for health
Sustainable Development Goals addressed: SDG 3 (Good Health and Well-Being)
Our campaign will be an arts showcase, where content will include (1) Videos and infographics that SCOPH has filmed and/or created ourselves. (2) Various works (poetry, photography, film clips, etc.) obtained online that will be reposted with the creator’s permission where possible and necessary. (3) Works submitted by students and the general public related to our theme of comfort care. These will be published on our official AMSA SG Instagram account.
Singapore has a rapidly ageing population, with a predicted one in four people aged over 65 years by 2030. There is an increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, with 1 in 4 Singaporeans aged 40 years and above having at least 1 chronic disease. Moreover, Singapore is a conservative society where death is a taboo topic. It is thus paramount to ensure public awareness of the resources available (such as comfort care facilities) for them to live the rest of their lives comfortably.
- General population
- Medical students
- Healthcare Students
- Elderly people
- General population
- Elderly people
- By the end of the initiative in July, increase viewers’ awareness of comfort care through various art forms on social media as assed by the number of followers and likes on our Instagram page.
- Educate viewers on the types of comfort care available and experiences in comfort care to encourage them, assessed by the free response polls on our Instagram story.
- Generate positive and accurate opinions on comfort care as assessed by quantitative and qualitative polls on our Instagram story.
Our campaign will have 2 indicators of success: (1) Viewership and Number of Likes on Instagram (2) Polls on the AMSA Instagram Story.
(1) For the AMSA Instagram account, we will be aiming for the following outcomes:
An average of 30 likes per photo
An average of 40 views per video
(2) For our AMSASG Instagram, we will be aiming for an 80% average accuracy rate for our final polls after our “reposted” content. This benchmark will be an indication that viewers have adequately digested the content in the post and that our goal of educating viewers on comfort care and public health has been achieved.
Our campaign’s content will include (1) Videos and infographics that SCOPH has filmed and/or created ourselves. (2) Various works (poetry, photography, film clips, etc.) obtained online that will be reposted with the creator’s permission where possible and necessary. (3) Works submitted by students and the general public related to our theme of comfort care. These will be published on our official AMSA SG Instagram account.
Have at least 1 social media activity fortnightly.
By end Feb 2023 post the first video on the general public’s perception of comfort care.
By end April 2023 post the second video on comfort care/healthcare workers answering common questions/misconceptions about comfort care.
By end June 2023 we aim to post the third video on comfort care around the world.
Throughout the year we hope to post different art forms that is both self-produced and from the public.
Plans for evaluation:
Quantitative evaluation via statistical correlation to our average number of views per video, average number of likes per post, number of followers and a statistical analysis on the number of correct answers given by viewers regarding comfort care before and after consuming our content.
Qualitative evaluation via free response questions posted on our Instagram stories and comments received on our posts.
Collaborations will be ad hoc and be done on an individual basis depending on the type of content to be filmed. There will be no single beneficiary, external partner or funder.
With regards to our Instagram content reposted from other creators, content will only be reposted from their original creators with their explicit permission to do so.
While for our third video on comfort care around the world, we hope to collaborate with other NMOs.
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024
- SKY Meeting – ANEM Portugal