Name of the activity: Science without gender
Country/NMO: Venezuela (FEVESOCEM)
Program: Gender Based Violence
Contact information: [email protected]/ +584247710939
Type of the activity: Capacity Building (Training or Workshop). Teaching and develop knowledge, skills and techniques in a particular field. While training can have any form, workshops are more formal and also include exchange of information between participants.
It is an experiential workshop aimed at female high school students, dictated by women and for women. Stories based on the development of women in the scientific field, great contributions and achievements. Talk about feminine empowerment to inspire these young women to continue a university career despite the obstacles that may arise
Even when we are living in modern times, we can still notice that women continue to be seen as the weak link, which prevents their development even in some parts of society and the workplace. We seek to create critical thinking in young women in secondary education, which will inspire them to continue studying and give them the impulse to go up and develop as beings in all their areas.
Objectives and indicators of success:
1. Raise awareness among young women in secondary education about the role of women in society
2. Objectively evaluate how knowledge about women and their development in science is assimilated at the international and national level
Indicator: Pre-test and post-test
3. Know the impact of the workshop
Indicator: Hold a discussion table with attendees
1. Previous evaluation of knowledge about the role of women in science.
2. Talk on feminine empowerment: Dictated by the academic vice-rector of the University of Los Andes, a woman who has dedicated herself to academic and scientific development in the country and internationally. Experiences and professional development
3. Talk about women in science through history: International and national
4. Final test
5. Discussion table
Plans for evaluation:
Indicator: Hold a discussion table with the attendees. 100% reception
Indicator: Pre-test and post-test. 70% minimum for approval
Indicator: #Assistant (At least 30 assistants / workshop)