Dear IFMSA Family,
Are you working on an Activity which you are passionate about? Do you truly believe that your Activity is making a change? Could other NMOs follow your lead? Then you should read the Call for the Rex Crossley Awards Applications below!
About the Rex Crossley Award
The Rex Crossley Awards (RCA) is an award provided by IFMSA in recognition of the work and achievements of the best Activities of IFMSA National Member Organizations (NMOs). The awarded Activities have meaningful impact on the local, national and/or international society.
The Award is named after Mr. Rex Crossley who is one of the founders of the International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations (IFMSA)
The term “Activity” within IFMSA is used as an umbrella expression to unite any campaign, project, advocacy effort, article, conference, etc. organized by you and your NMO.
- An article in The Medical Student International (MSI): The 10 selected Activities will be published as articles in the RCA Bulletin in the MSI, the Official Publication of IFMSA, both in print and online form.
- Presentation during the Rex Crossley Awards Presentations: The 10 selected Activities will get a chance to present their Activity as part of the Rex Crossley Awards Presentations during March Meeting 2019 in Portorož, Slovenia.
- The Top 3 Most Impactful Activities will be awarded with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place of Rex Crossley Awards and will be promoted throughout IFMSA.
- The winning NMO will also receive one spot in the preWHA delegation in 2020. Details on how to apply will be shared with the winning NMO. Please note that this will be in the term 2019/20.
The RCA Presentations during the upcoming March Meeting in Portorož, Slovenia are open for any Activity of any IFMSA NMO.
All Activities entering Presentations must be enrolled under an IFMSA Program. Please enrol your Activity here: https://goo.gl/forms/V5FShkarvXhyvBOK2
If you have not enrolled your activity into the relevant Program, you will not be considered in the selection process. If you need help, please contact the relevant Program Coordinator to assist with enrolment. Deadline to have your Activity enrolled is 6th January 2019.
Should your Activity not fit under any Program, the IFMSA Vice-President for Activities can grant exceptions to this rule. Please contact [email protected] at your earliest convenience.
Please make sure to submit the following no later than the 6th of January 2019:
- Complete the following online form in English: https://goo.gl/forms/8EMz7VI0aYFUsAh22
Have in mind that the answers you provide in the online form will determine whether you are selected for the top 10 of Activities. It is not just a survey, so keep in mind that you face competition.
In order for your application to be considered valid you are required to fill out the “article” section of the Online Form. You are allowed maximum 500 words for the text, and it should reflect the impact of your Activity and its relevance, making it appealing to students worldwide. As well, you will be asked to upload a picture of the Activity Coordinator (or Presenter) and a picture of a scene from your Activity for publication purposes.
Timeline and Selection Process
19th of December: Call for RCA Applications is opened
6th of January: Deadline for Applications
15th of January: Results of the Selection process are announced
1st to 7th of March: 68th IFMSA March Meeting General Assembly and RCA Presentations
The Rex Crossley Awards Applications will be reviewed and selected based on the following selection criteria:
- Relevance of the issue tackled by the Activity
- Goals and objectives
- Originality of the methodology
- Management of resources
- Impact on the target group and beneficiaries
- Evaluation methodology
If your Activity is selected, you will receive an e-mail with further instructions on how to prepare your Presentation.
The Award Ceremony will take place during the Closing Ceremony of the General Assembly.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to approach us at [email protected].
We are looking forward to reading your applications!
IFMSA Team of Officials with their International Teams and Program Coordinators
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment