Background: Call for Rex Crossley Awards 2022.
How to apply:
- Application Form for Rex Crossley HERE
- Rex Crossley Awards criteria:
- The activity needs to be enrolled with IFMSA Programs
- Only two activities applications from each NMO for Rex Crossley Awards
- The top 8 activities will be selected for the presentation on February 19th.
Deadline: 25th January 2022, 23:59 GMT
Dear IFMSA Family,
Are you working on an Activity that you are passionate about? Do you truly believe that your Activity is making a change? Could other NMOs follow your lead? Then you should read the Call for the Rex Crossley Awards Applications below!
About the Rex Crossley Award
The Rex Crossley Awards (RCA) is an award provided by IFMSA in recognition of the work and achievements of the best Activities of IFMSA National Member Organizations (NMOs). The awarded Activities have a meaningful impact on the local, national, and/or international society.
The Award is named after Mr. Rex Crossley who is one of the founders of the International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations (IFMSA). The term “Activity” within IFMSA is used as an umbrella expression to unite any campaign, project, advocacy effort, article, conference, etc. organized by you and your NMO.
- An article in The Medical Student International (MSI): The 8 selected Activities will be published as articles in the RCA Bulletin in the MSI, the Official Publication of IFMSA, both in print and online form.
- Presentation during the Rex Crossley Awards Event: The 8 selected Activities will get a chance to present their Activity as part of the Rex Crossley Awards Presentations online on February 19th, 2022.
- The Top 3 Most Impactful Activities will be awarded the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place of Rex Crossley Awards and will be promoted throughout IFMSA and announced during March Meeting 2022
- The winning NMO will also receive 150 euros as a grant for the activity from IFMSA to the NMO.
All Activities entering Presentations must be enrolled under an IFMSA Program. Please enroll your Activity here: here
For the first round submit only two applications per NMO: HERE
If you have not enrolled your activity into the relevant Program, you will not be considered in the selection process. If you need help, please contact the relevant Program Coordinator to assist with enrollment. The deadline to have your Activity enrolled is 25th January 2022
Should your Activity not fit under any Program, the IFMSA Vice-President for Activities can grant exceptions to this rule. Please contact [email protected] at your earliest convenience.
- Open the call for the RCA applications: 3rd January 2022
- Close the call for RCA applications: 25th January 2022
Please make sure to submit the following no later than the 27th December 2020:
- Complete the following online form in English: HERE
Have in mind that the answers you provide in the online form will determine whether you are selected for the top 8 of Activities. It is not just a survey, so keep in mind that you face competition.
The Rex Crossley Awards Applications will be reviewed and selected based on the following selection criteria:
- The relevance of the issue tackled by the Activity (Problem Statement)
- Goals and objectives
- Indicators of Success
- The originality of the methodology
- Management of resources
- Plans for evaluation and impact assessment
- Impact on the target group and beneficiaries
If your Activity is selected, you will receive an e-mail with further instructions on how to prepare your Presentation.
We are looking forward to reading your applications!
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024