Dear IFMSA members,
Signing up on behalf of the programs team (program coordinators, program support assistant, program representatives and the VPA)!
You must have spotted us at the March Meeting at Standing Committee Sessions, Regional Sessions, Training Sessions and, our beloved Program Stream Sessions, at the Activities Fair and chilling at the Beach & Pool!
We were roaming everywhere asking Activities coordinator, across all the National Member Organisations, to enroll their activities with the IFMSA programs and reminding the activities coordinators those who have enrolled the programs to report their Activity.
Few updates on the March Meeting:-
- We talked a lot about Activity management, specifically at Program stream sessions (Day 3) and in the Training sessions (Day 2), hope that it has helped you. We the programs team are here to help you. Feel free to contact us any time. We are here to help you design an structured activity on a topic of your choice and as per the local needs.
- Stand alone 6 Program stream session was a new experiment. A space to talk very specifically about technical (Activity management, Evaluation, Enrollment procedure) and thematic aspects of the programs. The session covered: – General introduction to the program structure, Activity management, hands-on activities management small working group, ending with an appeal to report the Activities. The six program streams were as follows Impact of Health systems on NCDs, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in disaster and post disaster settings, Social accountability of medical schools regarding medical skills, Rights of medical students and its relationship to mental health, Impact of environment on communicable diseases, Human trafficking (including organ donation and child labour).
- The new model of activities fair was implemented at the march meeting (traces change from passively judging activities → giving constructive feedback). Hope you received constructive feedback to improve the scope of your activities from the judges.
- Activity Management training sessions:- a small 2-hour comprehensive session to know all about Activity management from (needs assessments, goals, objectives, timeline, indicators of success, stakeholder analysis, SWOT analysis etc.) To read in detail about this we have a to go to Activity management manual: – From idea to impact. (link)
To wrap up, IFMSA programs are impact evaluation structure of IFMSA. It bridges the local level activities conducted by various NMO to the global level advocacy efforts ifmsa participates in (Think Global, Act Local). We, the Programs team, can calculate the impact only and only if you the readers, the Activity coordinators, enroll your activities with Ifmsa Programs and report the impact of it. Every small or big Activity can be enrolled with Ifmsa programs, get in contact with the program coordinators.
Attaching along few of the programs team photos.
Hoping to see your Activities enrolled, for any extra queries, doubts feel free to contact us.
Thanking you and lots of love,
Saniya Sahasrabudhe, Program Support Assistant,
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment