Name of the activity: Presnovnik (The Metabolite)
Country/NMO: Slovenia (SloMSIC)
Program: Medical Education Systems
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Education
The Metabolite is a medical journal, which is being run entirely by medical students. The journal is divided into five sections and in each one writers tackle the health issues from their own perspective. Our goal is to empower medical students to be more active and constructive during their study process by reading or writing quality articles.
Students’ involvement in medical education | Non-formal/informal education
The main aim is to encourage medical students to write critically about current health issues. We want to reach as many health workers as possible and motive them to start thinking about our healthcare system and how to improve it. We would like to highlight strengths and weaknesses of our faculty with comparison to the situation abroad.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Main target group are medical students of our faculty and other health professionals. We sell about 400 copies per issue and about 200 copies we divide among different health institutions, so that we can reach more people.
Objectives and indicators of success:
Throughout the college year:
– Release at least one issue of the magazine Metabolite per year (fulfilled from the start of the project)
– Promotion of the magazine among those, who are not in touch with our faculty (followers on our Facebook page)
– Renewal of the editorial team so each section will have their own editor and provision of 15 writers, who are required to issue a magazine with at least 14 quality and completed articles (successful edition of the magazine)
-Release at least two numbers of short newsletter per year (started in 2017)
We will keep the number of issued magazines and we will promote on many social networks. The opportunity will be given to all who wish to contribute to the new issue of the magazine. We want to emphasize the role of the medical students in education and encourage them to be more involved and expressing their thoughts by writing articles.
Plans for evaluation:
Evaluation will be done by responses to the public questionnaire regarding the content of the articles. We will compare the results between different rubrics with the previous year`s outcome. Every editor will be given the opportunity to complete the survey in regard to the benefits as well as the weaknesses of the magazine.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021