The term of 2011/12 marks an exciting year for us. Having just celebrated our 60th anniversary, has given us the chance to discover our rich history and glance back at the steps that laid the foundation of our federation.The dedication and work of past generations of physicians in training has formed our organization and made it to what it is today:– the world’s largest medical students’ network, providing medical students all over the world a platform for international collaboration.
Promoting and implementing change and innovation is often a long, enduring process requiring years of preparation and follow-up. The work that has been carried out in previous years has reached a critical point and today provides us with an immense momentum to take the next big leap in IFMSA. Now, we have the chance to translate this opportunity into concrete actions and measures to strengthen the ties of our federation and set a path for the future.
This years’ focus on development will be specifically in 4 areas:
1) ensure the voice of medical students is taken into account by increasing external visibility of the federation
2) improve accessibility of our organization by implementing standardized procedures
3) facilitate international collaboration by taking new ways in the use of technologies
4) support the work of our members worldwide by setting a special focus on regional support
The IFMSA strives towards providing an optimal environment for students to develop their ideas and to serve their communities by promoting and providing health for all. In order to reach this goal, we need to be open to development and willing to make the effort to take things one step further. It is this that has driven the growth of our federation and that has made our organization stand the test of time.
Today, it is up to us to form the future of the IFMSA. Together, I am sure, we are able to treasure the heritage that has been given to us and set the foundation for future generations of physicians in trainings and for the coming 60 years of the IFMSA.
IFMSA President 2011/12
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment