Name of the activity: Precious
Program: Emergency, Disaster Risk & Humanitarian Action
Contact information: contact [email protected] to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator
Type of the activity: First-time Activity
Category: Capacity Building
Focus area: Disaster resilience (including prevention, preparedness and response)
Sustainable Development Goals addressed: SDG 4 (Quality Education), SDG 13 (Climate Action)
There are still many students at Wacana Asih Special School who are not ready to face a disaster. BPBD was recorded that 746 earthquakes occurred in West Sumatra, and 201 aftershocks. PRECIOUS aims to increase the knowledge and ability of all 40 students and 15 teachers regarding earthquakes and tsunamis by providing workshops. Evaluation uses a simulation checklist, evaluation meetings, and post-project questionnaires. Then, follow-up to the school principal every two months via WhatsApp.
BPBD released data on disaster events until December 26, 2019. It was recorded that 746 earthquakes occurred in West Sumatra, and 201 aftershocks. This doesn’t rule out the possibility happen in Padang City. Based on the assessments filled out by 15 respondents, it was determined that there were still many students at Wacana Asih Special School who did not know disaster management procedures and were not ready to face disaster. For this reason, SCORP CIMSA Unand needs to carry out this activity.
- Medical students
- People with disabilities
- General population
- Medical students
- People with disabilities
Increasing the knowledge of at least 15 members of the SCORP CIMSA-BEM KM FK Unand batch 2020 and 2021 regarding earthquake and tsunami disaster mitigation through training by CHRT and external partners, as measured by an average post-test score of at least 75, and increasing the knowledge and ability of at leaststudents at Wacana Asih Special School Padang City regarding earthquake and tsunami disaster preparedness through the provision of material on earthquake and tsunami disaster mitigation by external partners and holding demonstrations, as measured by the fulfillment of a minimum of 70% of the items on the simulation checklist. A series of activities lasted for two days in October 2022.
Indicators of Success:
– Implementation of at least 1 training for a minimum of 15 members of the SCORP CIMSA-BEM KM FK Unand by CHRT with an increase in the average pre-test to post-test score of at least 80.
– Implementation of the provision of materials by the Regional Disaster Management Agency (BPBD Padang City) on earthquake and tsunami disaster preparedness to at least 10 students of Wacana Asih Special School Padang City.
– Earthquake and tsunami simulation activities were carried out for students of Wacana Asih Special School in Padang City with CIMSA-BEM KM FK Unand SCORP members and complete at least 70% of the simulation checklist.
– Infographic published on Instagram @cimsaunand with at least 50 likes.
The pre-activity was held on October 8, 2022 in Building E FK Unand. Training was delivered by CHRT SCORP to 18 active members of SCORP CIMSA Unand regarding “”Disaster Risk Reduction,”” followed by the HET Unand to members regarding “”Disaster Medicine,”” and closed by training from KOGAMI about “”Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster Mitigation”” Main event on October 15, 2022, at Wacana Asih Special School Hall which held a workshop about earthquake and tsunami disaster management by BPBD Padang City for 40 students and 15 teachers of Wacana Asih Special School. Post-activity of PRECIOUS is carried out by publishing infographics via Instagram @cimsaunand.
Leadership structure: Project Officer, Secretary, Event Division, Publication and Documentation Division, Fundraising Division, Public Relations Division
Resources: 20 active members of SCORP CIMSA Unand
Sustainability of activities: PRECIOUS continuity can be seen in the follow-up to the school principal every two months via WhatsApp.
Plans for evaluation:
Internal committee: Evaluation meeting of SCORP CIMSA-BEM KM FK Unand members.
Evaluation of materials and project implementation:
Feedback from members.
Pre-test and post-test using Google Form during training for members
Simulation checklist during workshop.
Feedback from external partners.
Post-activity questionnaire to assess the usefulness of the activity.
– HET-BEM FK Unand, is a Student Organization within the Faculty of Medicine Andalas University which is engaged in disaster response through emergency education – as a training provider.
-KOGAMI, is a non-governmental organization engaged in the field of earthquake and tsunami preparedness, particularly as a trainer.
-BPBD Padang City is a government agency that carries out disaster management – as a provider of earthquake and tsunami disaster preparedness materials to the target.
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment