Name of the activity: Practical workshops
Country/NMO: Tunisia (Associa-Med)
Program: Teaching Medical Skills
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Capacity Building
Organising practical workshops aimes to train medical students in certain medical areas, such as ; plaster, suture, radio, first aid… and invite them to the basics of medical practice. These workshops are insured led by doctors.
First Aid/CPR/BLS, Surgical Skills, Clinical Examination, Doctor-Patient communication skills, Diagnostic tests interpretation
The medical curriculum do not provide enough space to learn some practical skills which are necessary for every medical student.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Objectives and indicators of success:
-Improve the practical skills of the medical students
-Cover the medical currucilum deficiencies
-Promoting the informal education
-familiarize students with communication with doctors (futur colleagues) in a unformal envirnment.
Orgonize practical workshops in the beggining of the year before the beginning of the internship to show students practical acts, those workshop are insured by doctors in the faculty.
Plans for evaluation:
The participant will have the opportunity to teach their siblings the acts they have seen in a sharing frame.
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024
- SKY Meeting – ANEM Portugal
- Obstetric urgency and emergency workshop – IFMSA-Brazil
- Breaking The Silence (BTS) – CIMSA-Indonesia