Name of the activity: POKEMON
Country/NMO: Indonesia (CIMSA-ISMKI)
Program: Children Health & Rights
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Education
Health Goverment of East Java (Dinkes Provinsi Jawa Timur, Indonesia) stated that in East Java province, 1,8% children had malnutrition (10% of total population). Regarding this fact, CIMSA UNEJ built POKEMON in SDN V Karangrejo to stop the growing of the problem. The program consist of educating and playing games, and also forming ‘little nutritionist’ group consists of some students from 4th and 5th grade. The evaluation will be done in paper-based question, follow-up every month, and evaluate the ‘little nutritionist’ through quiz and special doorprize.
Children & healthy habits (physical activity, healthy eating, hygiene, etc)
FAO said, approximately 1/8 people worldwide suffered from malnutrition. 70% was found in children in Asia, 26% in Africa, while the other 4% was found in South America and Caribia. Beside, in 2015, Health Goverment of East Java (Dinkes Provinsi Jawa Timur, Indonesia) stated that in East Java province, 1,8% children had malnutrition. It was approximately 3,747 million or 10% amount of the total population. Thus, POKEMON is focused on managing malnutrition and eating habits in Jember, East Java.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Our target group is all members in SDN V Karangrejo community, including students, teachers, and canteen workers. Also, we try to reach the students’ parents to join our program so our program would have stronger foundation.
Objectives and indicators of success:
Increasing knowledge about nutrition and repairing habits of eating to 50% of students in SDN V Karangrejo in 2 years.
– Educating all students in all classes about nutrition and habits of eating, based on Proportional Nutrition Guideline (Panduan Gizi Seimbang) published by KEMENKES (Health Goverment of Indonesia)
– Playing educational games in group
– Forming ‘little nutritionist’ consists of some students from 4th and 5th grade in SDN V Karangrejo to remain the system running in school.
– Reaching out the students’ parents to control the nutrition given to the students.
– Reaching out all the stakeholders in school (teachers, head teacher, canteen workers, school guardian) to keep the program running
Plans for evaluation:
– Give paper Based evaluation to all students to survey the knowledge
– Follow-up every month to survey the habits of eating
– Quiz For little nutritionist
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024
- SKY Meeting – ANEM Portugal
- Obstetric urgency and emergency workshop – IFMSA-Brazil
- Breaking The Silence (BTS) – CIMSA-Indonesia