Name of the activity: Pawikan Weekend
Country/NMO: Philippines (AMSA-Philippines)
Program: Environment & Health
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Third Party Activities
Pawikan Weekend is an outreach activity at Pawikan Conservation Center in Morong, Bataan, where the student volunteers from and outside ASMPH can learn about sea turtles and the environment.
Health Sustainability and Green Hospitals
There is a need for the medical community widen its perspective on health and to actively engage pressing environmental issues and its effects on communities.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
This event is open to all ASMPH students, but outsiders are welcome to participate in the said activity. All donated fees will be given to the Pawikan Conservation Center at Morong, Bataan.
Objectives and indicators of success:
– To develop a unified community of advocate-leaders. At least 8 people attend
– To implement effective systems for leadership development. A rating of at least 60% in the evaluations
– To be an organization that hones advocates by igniting their passions. At least 10 turtle hatchlings released
The first phase is to raise money for donations. The second phases consists of going to the Bataan hatchery for volunteers to experience releasing newborn turtles into the ocean.
Plans for evaluation:
We will conduct individual participant evaluations after the event. This is together with processing of the participants. The project garnered 92.86% as its overall grade.
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment