Name of the activity: On Your Own
Country/NMO: Pakistan (IFMSA-Pakistan)
Program: Gender Based Violence
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign
On your Own is an activity designed to take a stand against unwanted advances and abuses. It is designed to create an environment where women are trained with appropriate skills to deal with the harmful situations, the activity raises voice against domestic violence. Noticing and acknowledging the signs of an abusive relationship is the first step to ending it.
A report claims that 80% of women in Pakistan suffer from domestic abuse. Domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone, yet the problem is often overlooked, excused, or denied.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
young female adults of 18-21 years of age
Objectives and indicators of success:
“1) Teaching young female adults about domestic violence and its impacts.
2) Teaching young female adults how to react in a situation of violence and who to approach in such a situation and how to prevent such a situation.
3) Teaching young female adults how to help and comfort others who are in such a situation. “
“1) To conduct a seminar for the young adult females.
2) To conduct an interactive session of young adult females and expert speakers in this regard.
3) To conduct presentations, using multimedia and hard copy media in this regard.
4) Use any social networking site as a platform to cause awareness “
Plans for evaluation:
“1) Pre and Post evaluation forms.
2) Verbal feedback from the beneficiaries. “
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024