Name of the activity: No Stress
Country/NMO: Kazakhstan (KazMSA)
Program: Mental Health
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Capacity Building (Training or Workshop). Teaching and develop knowledge, skills and techniques in a particular field. While training can have any form, workshops are more formal and also include exchange of information between participants.
At medical universities in Kazakhstan many students of different nationalities, foreign students and each of us, even local are exposed to stress factors that interfere with successful adaptation and accordingly negatively affect academic performance and general emotional and psychological state of students. With help of questionnaires the results can be used to assess the stress level of students, including exam stress, in order to prevent and correct psychological and emotional disorders that occur in these conditions in individuals predisposed and especially exposed to stress factors.
In conclusion i want to say that it will be very useful for our society 🙂
Mental Health among Medical Students
Stress adversely affects human health therefore based on a research project “Effect of examination stress on cortisol levels in Indian and Kazakh students” conducted in West Kazakhstan State Medical University we can mention that the problem statement is connected with differences on cortisol levels. It was found that the level of cortisol among foreign students is higher than of local students.
Objectives and indicators of success:
• To get acquainted with the participants of the training with certain methods of psychological self-regulation
• Create favorable conditions for productive work on yourself
• Improve the development of personal qualities, stabilizing inner spiritual harmony
• Elimination of emotional stress through group interaction, the formation of a good psychological climate through cooperation and mutual assistance within groups. Increase the tone of the group
• Conduct trainings courses of measures to reduce cortisol and level its pathogenic effect on the functioning of the body’s main systems, improve the body condition, health indicators, reduce the incidence of major diseases and somatic pathologies.
• Informing professors in medical university and medical students about the negative effects of high levels of stress, anxiety and depression, noted during the examination period.
Training “No Stress” will include a number of methods aimed at reducing stress, anxiety, depression, developing rapid adaptation in the environment for foreign and local students.
1. Meditation, as an important skill that allows you to disconnect from the influence of the external environment.
• Yoga, which combines the benefits of physical culture and meditation.
• Breathing exercises.
2. Conducting games during the training:
“Stomp and Clap!”
3. Holding a fair called the International Week, where international students, along with local students, will prepare traditional dishes from various countries.
Plans for evaluation:
I will evaluate the outcomes of my activity by questionnaires. The definition of personality type according to Eysenck, the degree of emotional instability and other indicators of the emotional-volitional sphere: the personal questionnaire of G. Eysenck’s PEN, the questionnaire “”The personal scale of anxiety manifestations”” (J.Taylor’s questionnaire in the modification of T. Nemchinov), the method “”Diagnosis of USC control) ”J. Rotter in the modification Bazhin-Golynkina-Etkind, questionnaire“ Definition of neuropsychic tension ”by T. Nemchinov, method“ Diagnosis of achievement motivation ”by A. Mehrabian
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021