Name of the activity: No Slum Areas (NOSA)
Country/NMO: Egypt (IFMSA-Egypt)
Program: Environment & Health
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign
NOSA aims at eradicating the slum areas in Egypt & enhancing inhabitants’ living conditions. It aims to ameliorate the poverty and put a limit to the spread of diseases and contamination.
Health Sustainability and Green Hospitals
The issue with slums in Egypt is that the inhabitants of these areas suffer from many communicable and NCDs due to the lack of sanitary drinking water and the lack of sanitary living conditions.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Target: Medical Students, Public
Medical students will be better educated and aware of environmental health.
Communities worldwide will enjoy a better standard of health.
Objectives and indicators of success:
Goal: Enhancing the ability of families in fragile areas to better manage and maintain their own health & well-being
Obj: 1. Have 10 families which sought medical advice
2. Have 100 volunteers to provide health services and awareness
3. Have 50 medical students aware of health effects to environment
Building of the team through workshops about communication skills & medicine
3 visits/phase to increase awareness level about epidemic diseases in slum areas followed by medical convoy & follow up.
Plans for evaluation:
• Number of medical students and people reached
• Pre and post questionnaire technique to analyze knowledge, before and after the awareness
- Escalations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory and Israel
- 2021: Year of Health and Care Workers
- No one is safe until everyone is safe – IFMSA Reflections on the 148th WHO Executive Board Meeting
- Hurricane Season Amidst Global Health Crises
- International health and humanitarian organizations welcome the entry into force of the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons