Name of the activity: No Slum Areas (NOSA)
Country/NMO: Egypt (IFMSA-Egypt)
Program: Environment & Health
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign
NOSA aims at eradicating the slum areas in Egypt & enhancing inhabitants’ living conditions. It aims to ameliorate the poverty and put a limit to the spread of diseases and contamination.
Health Sustainability and Green Hospitals
The issue with slums in Egypt is that the inhabitants of these areas suffer from many communicable and NCDs due to the lack of sanitary drinking water and the lack of sanitary living conditions.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Target: Medical Students, Public
Medical students will be better educated and aware of environmental health.
Communities worldwide will enjoy a better standard of health.
Objectives and indicators of success:
Goal: Enhancing the ability of families in fragile areas to better manage and maintain their own health & well-being
Obj: 1. Have 10 families which sought medical advice
2. Have 100 volunteers to provide health services and awareness
3. Have 50 medical students aware of health effects to environment
Building of the team through workshops about communication skills & medicine
3 visits/phase to increase awareness level about epidemic diseases in slum areas followed by medical convoy & follow up.
Plans for evaluation:
• Number of medical students and people reached
• Pre and post questionnaire technique to analyze knowledge, before and after the awareness
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024