Name of the activity: Never again…Neither me, nor any other
Country/NMO: Ecuador (AEMPPI-Ecuador)
Program: Gender Based Violence
Contact information: [email protected] 0959747334
Type of the activity: Education. Education on health issues for specific societal groups, either in the form of projects (set of tasks for a certain group over a fixed period of time), events (something notable that happens) or conferences (form meeting about ideas related to a particular topic, usually over several days).
Never again … neither me nor any other is a project that will be carried out
due to the constant attacks suffered by women in our country. It will be
carried out in two phases:
First Phase: Symposium in which the following topics will be discussed
1. Form against harassment in the UCE.
2. Psychological profile of a violated woman.
3. Psychological help to women who have been violated
4. Statistical data in Ecuador
5. Prevention of situations of violence against women.
6. Empowerment of women.
Second phase: Personal defense.
1. Description of what personal defense means, how to use it and in
2. Practical version of personal defense and instruction to the
participants by the instructor who is part of the faculty of physical
education of the University of Ecuador.
3. Advice on personal defense, explanation in which cases it can be
Sexual harassment, Women empowerment
6 out of 10 women suffer of gender violence in Ecuador. This is the phrase
with which INEC opens the bulletin made in the year 2012. However this
number could have increased because in the last two years the news about
violence against women in the mass media have been more frequent.
We also have to keep in mind that as we are university students, we can’t be
indifferent about the harassment that happen in the classrooms to women
because of some unscrupulous teachers.
Medical students, Other Students
Medical students, Women, Community
Objectives and indicators of success:
Educate and capacitate to a group of 60 students about the importance of
identifying in a good way the possible causes that provoke acts of gender
violence and university and social harassment through a symposium and a
practical teaching of personal defense dictated by professionals. The
symposium is going to be developed in the FCM-UCE postgrad auditorium.
Instruct people with knowledge of a culture of peace and against gender
violence through an experienced education so that they can transfer what
they have learned and reach more people.
Form groups with attendees and provide three minutes per group for their
participation, where they will talk about three outstanding points dictated in
Evaluate the participants through a test through Google Forms where at least
half of the participants achieve 70% of the test.
1. April 05: Diffusion of the publicity through social media.
2. April, 26: First phase of the proyect, theoric phase.
2.1 Formulary against harassment in the UCE
2.2. Psychological profile of a violated women.
2.3 Psychological help to women who has been violated
2.4 Statistics facts in the Ecuador
2.5 Prevention of situations of violence against women.
2.6 Empowerment of the women
3. April, 16: Second phase of the project, practical part:
3.1 Personal defense techniques
3.2 Personal defense practice
● Laser pointer
● Snacks for participants
● Drinks for expositors
● Gifts for expositors
● Pablo Godoy
● Victoria Mejía
● Emily Viteri
● Sebastian Ibañez
● Jennifer Acosta
● Luis Vilatuña
● Collective Mujeres Universitarias
● Dra. Caroline Boyer
● Dra. Irina Almeida
● Teachers (physical education)
Plans for evaluation:
● Conformation of groups to expose the main ideas at the end of the
theoretical workshop. Three minutes will be given per group for their
participation, in which they will have to expose the outstanding points
treated in the symposium and their criticisms for the project.
● Evaluation prior to sending certificates for participants, with expected
results of at least 75% in 50% of the participants. The evaluation will
be done through Google Forms.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021