The call for our Medical Student International (MSI) 41 is now open for submissions!
The Medical Student International (MSI) is a biannual magazine that focuses on global health perspectives brought by medical students worldwide. It is published at each General Assembly (March Meeting and August Meeting). The thematic section of each MSI aligns with one of its respective meetings, as decided by the Federation. Additionally, the magazine features articles from medical students on their perspectives and activities related to our standing committees.
IFMSA is working to enhance the MSI and to make it an interactive, engaging and inspiring magazine. MSI is an open space for medical students around the world to communicate their projects, ideas, and initiatives that’s why we are also opening a Call for Photography and Contribution for Prose and Poetry, including short articles, short stories, experience, and poems… Selected articles will be either published on our Magazine “MSI41” or as featured articles on our blog section (www.ifmsa.org)
For the previous editions of the Medical Students’ International (MSI), visit our Library.
The call is open for :
- March Meeting 2020 Theme “The role of Primary Healthcare in achieving Universal Health Coverage” (max 1500 words)
- Short Articles related to Standing Committee sections (max 500 words)
- Photography or Infographics
- Poetry and short stories
When submitting a submission, please make sure to review the following checklist:
- For Articles & Text-based content :
- Your Contribution in Word or Google docs format (please don’t insert the images into the document, but attach them to the email).
- Author’s full name, NMO, and University (please note that an article cannot have more than two authors)
- Author’s headshot in high resolution (300 dpi or larger) .jpeg or .png formats
- Any relevant pictures (maximum 3 per article) in high resolution (300 dpi or larger) .jpeg or .png formats
- Please stick to the word limits mentioned above. Otherwise, your article may be rejected or edited by our team.
- For Visual content :
- Please upload a high resolution (300 dpi or larger) .jpeg or .png formats
- In case you’re proposing an illustration, please upload your .eps
- Please send a Caption of the photos and illustrations.
Your Contributions will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please do not wait for the very last minute to submit them. Deadline for submission: January 25, 2020 @ 23:59 GMT.
All elements must be sent to [email protected] (Please don’t forget to add [MSI41] in the subject of the e-mail)
Submission agreements: By Sending your submission you agree on the following points.
- By filling in this form, you may willingly provide your personal information (Name, Email, University) to IFMSA.
- If your submission is accepted, your personal data will be shared on MSI41 Magazine and Published with your contribution on our website “www.ifmsa.org”
- The use of the information provided in the form will be in line with the objectives of editing and publishing MSI41.
- The personal data provided will be stored until the 30th of September 2020 on our E-mails and Drive and will only be available on the published Magazine after this date.
- If you want us to remove your personal data before, you can request that by sending an email to [email protected] The personal data will be accessible by the IFMSA Team of Officials and the Public Relations Team Including MSI Designers and Editors. If you would like to know more about how we manage your data, please visit ifmsa.org/privacy.
- Submitting articles does not guarantee that the articles and attached material will be accepted or published.
- To widen MSI Reach some accepted articles will only go to the blog section of ifmsa.org
- Your submission will be screened to ensure that it meets minimum inclusion criteria. If it does, it may be reviewed by editors revising content to enhance its relevance, consistency, usability or to conform with IFMSA Publications standards;
- IFMSA will not be held liable for any breach of copyright laws and the sender will be held responsible. When you submit any text or pictures, we will assume that you are the author and sole owner of the submitted material. We will also assume that you are giving MSI and IFMSA permission to use them for the purpose of publication and representation toward external partners.
We are looking forward to receiving your contributions! Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021