We are very pleased to announce that the first call for article submissions to the Medical Students International (MSI) 35 is now open!
MSI is our biannual magazine, which focuses on global health perspectives brought by medical students worldwide. It is published both in print and online, in relation to the March and August General Assemblies, and each edition has a specific theme. Previous issues are available at: http://goo.gl/LpwMxE.
The call will be open for all sections of the magazine:
- March Meeting 2017 Theme “Donate Life: Organ and Tissue Donation” (max 1500 words)
- Six Standing Committee sections (max750 words)
- Standing Committee on Medical Education (SCOME)
- Standing Committee on Professional Exchange (SCOPE)
- Standing Committee on Public Health (SCOPH)
- Standing Committee on Sexual & Reproductive Health incl. HIV/AIDS (SCORA)
- Standing Committee on Research Exchange (SCORE)
- Standing Committee on human Rights & Peace (SCORP)
When submitting an article, please make sure to review the following?checklist:
- Your article in Word or Google docs format. Please do not send in articles in PDF format.
- Images should be of high resolution (at least 300 dpi), in JPEG or PNG formats. Please do not insert images into the article files, but attach them separately to your email
- Author’s full name and NMO.
- Author’s head shot in high resolution (at least 300 dpi) and in JPEG or PNG formats
- References (if applicable)
Your articles will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please do not wait for the very last minute to submit them. Deadline for submission: January 3, 2016 @ 23:59 GMT.
All elements must be sent to: [email protected] (Please don’t forget to add [MSI33] in the subject of the e-mail)
- Submission does not guarantee that the articles and attached material will be accepted or published;
- Your submission will be screened to ensure that it meets minimum inclusion criteria. If it does, it may be reviewed by editors revising content to enhance its relevance, consistency, usability or to conform with IFMSA Publications standards;
- If your submission has more than one author, names of all co-authors will be featured in the magazine. However, only the headshots of the first two authors will be featured in the magazine due to space and layout limitations. Please take that into consideration and list authors in the order you’d like them to be featured in;
- IFMSA will not be held liable for any breach of copyright laws and the sender will be held responsible. When you submit any text or pictures, we will assume that you are the author and sole owner of the submitted material. We will also assume that you are giving MSI and IFMSA permission to use them for the purpose of publication and representation toward external partners.
We are looking forward to receive your contributions! Please don’t hesitate contacting us if you have any questions ([email protected]).