Are you working on an Activity which you are passionate about? Do you truly believe that your Activity is making a change? Could other NMOs follow your lead? Then you should read the Call for the Rex Crossley Awards Applications below!
About the Rex Crossley Award
The Rex Crossley Awards (RCA) is an award provided by IFMSA in recognition of the work and achievements of the best Activities of IFMSA National Member Organizations (NMOs). The awarded Activities have meaningful impact on the local, national and/or international society.
The Award is named after Mr. Rex Crossley who is one of the founders of the International Federation of Medical Students Associations (IFMSA).
The term “Activity” within IFMSA is used as an umbrella expression to unite any campaign, project, advocacy effort, article, conference, etc. organized by you and your NMO.
- An article in The Medical Student International (MSI): The 10 selected Activities will be published as articles in the RCA Bulletin in the MSI, the Official Publication of IFMSA, both in print and online form.
- Presentation during the Rex Crossley Awards Presentations: The 10 selected Activities will get a chance to present their Activity as part of the Rex Crossley Awards Presentations during March Meeting 2017 in Budva, Montenegro.
- The Top 3 Most Impactful Activities will be awarded with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place of Rex Crossley Awards and will be promoted throughout IFMSA.
The RCA Presentations during the upcoming March Meeting in Budva, Montenegro are open for any Activity of any IFMSA NMO attending the General Assembly between 2nd and 8th March 2017.
Please make fill out the following online form in English no later than the December 22, 2016: https://goo.gl/forms/
Note that the Call is only open to Applications which can be presented in person during the 66th IFMSA March Meeting General Assembly in Budva, Montenegro between 2nd and 8th March 2017
Have in mind that the answers you provide in the online form will determine whether you are selected for the top 10 of Activities. It is not just a survey, so keep in mind that you face competition.
In order for your application to be considered valid you are required to fill out the article section of the Online Form. You are allowed maximum 500 words for the text, and it should reflect the impact of your Activity and its relevance, making it appealing to students worldwide. As well, you will be asked to upload a picture of the Activity Coordinator (or Presenter) and a picture of a scene from your Activity for publication purposes.
Timeline and Selection Process
- December 1: Call for RCA Applications is opened
- December 22: Deadline for Applications
- January 8: Results of the Selection process are announced
- March 2-8: 66th IFMSA March Meeting General Assembly and RCA Presentations
The Rex Crossley Awards Applications will be reviewed and selected based on the following selection criteria:
- Relevance of the issue tackled by the Activity
- Goals and objectives
- Originality of the methodology
- Management of resources
- Impact on the target group and beneficiaries
- Evaluation methodology
The Award Ceremony will take place during the Closing Ceremony of the General Assembly.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to approach us at [email protected].
We are looking forward to reading your applications!
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024