Name of the activity: MediKeeper
Country/NMO: Republic of Korea (KMSA)
Program: Mental Health
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign
MediKeeper is an activity to promote mental health of Korean.
Mental Health advocacy and public awareness
For the past thirteen consecutive years, Korea has been holding its first place for the highest suicide rate among the OECD countries. It is estimated that Korea has 216 new suicide survivors each day.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Our target group is public (for campaign), middle/high school students (for education), local people especially elderly (for care).
Objectives and indicators of success:
We want to decrease suicidal rate of Korea, and want to change the national perspective toward mental health and suicide.
1. Keep going on campaign
2. Keep going on care of suicide moderate risk group
3. Keep going on teaching middle/high school students to become Gatekeeper.
Plans for evaluation:
This is the hardest one for us. We want to get some advice with this one.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021