Find out more
- Training Medical Education Trainers
- Advocacy in Medical Education Training
- Other trainings and workshops on medical education topics, leadership and advocacy skills
Students’ involvement in medical education
- Advocacy and awareness campaigns for the active involvement and representation of students in decision making
- High level participation and direct student involvement with the structures and processes in their medical school
- Conducting student-led research about different aspects of their Medical Education System – Evaluation of the current curriculum and identification of gaps; Evaluation of the educational environment; Evaluation of the mental health of medical students
Curriculum design / development
Direct student involvement with the design and delivery of teaching and assessment through awareness campaigns, advocacy, research and discussions aiming to:
- Conform medical curricula to global educational standards and guidelines
- Shift universities focus towards sustainability assurance and acquisition of learning outcomes.
- Shift Medical curricula focus towards Lifelong Learning with emphasis on self-education after graduation.
Evaluation and Assessment
Conducting student-led research on:
- Student assessment & evaluation
- Clinical competence assessment
- Admission to medical school and costs of medical education
Quality assurance and accreditation
Advocacy efforts aimed at aligning the medical curriculum with the international medical education guidelines.
- Direct student involvement with peer-teaching
- Student-led research on non-formal education within the medical curriculum
- Assessment of Social Accountability of medical schools
- Student-led research on Community-based training
- Training sessions on Social Accountability of medical education, Transformative learning and Interprofessional education
- Advocacy efforts aimed at students, medical schools, medical education and healthcare institutions
- Design, implementation and participation of students in community clerkships in urban and rural settings
- Advocacy campaigns for implementing community-based education
- Implementation of a community based clerkship during SCOPE Professional Exchange
Human Resources for Health
Awareness campaigns and educational activities and Advocacy efforts aimed at major stakeholders in order to recognize health workforce planning as a national and global priority.
Includes activities on Open Access, Open Data, Open Educational Resources, Open Source, Open Peer Review and Open Methodology.
Activities may take the form of awareness campaigns and advocacy efforts towards decision makers or educational activities, such as workshops or conferences, with the main goal of building capacity.
Activities related to showcasing different specialities, to discuss specialty access, internship conditions.
To find our more about the current Program, check the Program Proposal document.
Activities for Medical Education Systems Program
Below you may find all the most recent activities that were recognized as part of the Medical Education Systems Program.
If you are interested to join IFMSA Program with your activity and have it shown in the Database please visit the IFMSA Programs part of the website and/or contact the program team at [email protected].
|Nr||Program||Enrollment year||Activity||Category||Region||NMO||Standing Committee||Type|