Name of the activity: Medical Education Days (MED)
Country/NMO: Romania (FASMR)
Program: Teaching Medical Skills
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Capacity Building
MED (Medical Education Days) is a 1-2 weeks event in which we organize daily scientific activities for medical students, including conferences, workshops and contests.
First Aid/CPR/BLS, Surgical Skills, Diagnostic measures, Clinical Examination
1. The lack of free-cost opportunities to apply the theoretical medical knowledge in real life situations or participate in simulation trainings is often a source of insecurity for future physicians and represents potential danger for the patients.
2. Students often complain about the outdated curricula, which does not include latest discoveries and approaches.
3. For many medical students, choosing a specialty is one of the most challenging aspects of medical school.
4. Even though in the medical profession communication and collaboration among the medical staff is needed, the present medical education does not encourage students to work in groups.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
medical students from all years (1-6) from 6 of our FMOs
Objectives and indicators of success:
1,2. The activity’s aim is to provide free of charge access to complementary education by creating a 1-2 weeks event, in which an average of 10 conferences, 20 hands-on workshops and 2 contests are organized in each centre.
3. Among others, we aim to organizing a ”Post-university Orientation” conference in which to bring at least 15 medical and surgical training doctors to talk about several aspects of their career.
4. We aim to aid teamwork through 2 competitions that we organize.
Estimated number of participating students designated for each activities: 100-200 / conference; 20-40 / workshop; 50 / contest.
Indicators of success:
1. Organizing all the activities planned
2. The number of participating students designated for each activity
3. Increased number of medical students participating compared to last year’s edition.
4. Positive feedback from the participants on the activities
We intend to implement this project by organising conferences, workshops and contests where we will be inviting medical doctors. We try to make known our point of view, our scientific requests and also to sustain the lecturers to expose their presentations in a less rigid way. The guests will be invited from different specialities or even universities in our country to expose their different visions and experience to observe the similarities and differences in the romanian medical system.
Plans for evaluation:
We aim to assess the impact of the activity through
1. measuring the number of participants
2. comparing the number of participants to the previous editions in the same centre
3. offer feedback forms to the participants
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024