Name of the activity: Marrow Hero
Country/NMO: Poland (IFMSA-Poland)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign
According to DKMS Poland statistics:
* About 75% of patients needing a transplant don’t have a matching donor in their family
* About 20% of patients still can not find matching donors
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Our target group will be divided into:
*Adults (18-55 years old). Adults with willingness to help and without contraindications for becoming a donor.
*Others, that can gain knowledge about blood cancers and promote the idea of bone marrow donation.
* patients with diseases such as leukaemia, aplastic anaemia, and sickle cell anemia
Objectives and indicators of success:
• To overthrow harmful myths about bone marrow donation (like vertebral cord puncture)
• To perform potential bone marrow donors registration
• To promote the idea of donating bone marrow
• To spread information about the procedures connected with donating bone marrow
• To spread information about different ways of becoming a potential donor, such asthe dates of next registrations or directing to related websites
we choose a time and place for event, then gaining a permission for its conducting
Organising theoretical and practical workshops for medical students who have the will to participate in the event
Receiving registration materials from partners.
. We lead stands in public places like- shopping mail, fair halls, pubs, sports matches etc. We lead stands at universities and do peer education
Stand contains materials about marrow bone transplant procedures, informations about contraindications. Our volunteers have required knowladge about registration, we have registration forms and swabs.
After conversation we offer possibility to registration.
Plans for evaluation:
• Recording the amount of educated people
• Counting number of filled registration forms
• Making cumulative statistic after each event
• Collecting statistic from all the cities in which the activity takes place
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021