Name of the activity: LIVE LIFE, GIVE LIFE: Organ Donation Awareness and Sign Up Campaign
Country/NMO: Philippines (AMSA-Philippines)
Program: Organ, Marrow & Tissue Donation
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign
Thousands of Filipinos die every year of organ failure and the lack of organ donors. As a being part of the healthcare community, it is important that we equip ourselves with knowledge about the importance of organ donation and transplantation.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
It was opened for 1st yr – 3rd yr medical student, Post Graduate Interns, residents and health administrators. This campaign will intensify public awareness especially the FEU-NRMF community about the about organ donation and transplantation.
Objectives and indicators of success:
1. To raise awareness about the importance and benefits of deceased
organ donation and transplantation. Measured through open forum between the audience and the panel.
2. To address the significant need for organ donors in the country. Measured through number of participants who signed up to be an organ donor.
Overall, the campaign was a success and students left with a new vantage point about the topic.
This event is a conference with four hour discussion composed of basic information about organ donation such as its advantages and disadvantages, its current statistics and its legality, as well as the new proposed laws that will help the program be more effective, lastly the different standpoints from the medical, legal and religious point of view. Aside from that, an organ donor registration booth was opened up which enables the students to formally sign up as organ donors.
Plans for evaluation:
At the end of the forum we did an open panel discussion between students and speakers that gave way to questions and clarifications of the participants. We will also be counting the number of organ donor registrants at the end of the school year.
- Press Release: Urgent Appeal for Humanity Amidst the Escalation of the Humanitarian Crisis in Palestine
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment