Last week (September 25th – 29th), IFMSA sent a delegation to the WHO AMRO – Regional Committee, 29th Sanitary Meeting of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) in Washington DC.
After several months of preparations and work, the members from the Americas region made an excellent performance during the meeting. During the PAHO Meeting, they had the chance to present their statements in different points of the agenda, starting from their regional priority, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and Sustainable Agenda, going through topics as Universal Health Coverage (UHC), Tobacco Control, Violence and Health and last but not least, Human Resources for Health (HRH).
The IFMSA delegation also had the opportunity to contact different authorities from WHO, including Dr Carissa F. Etienne (WHO Regional Director for the Americas) and Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (WHO Director-General), as well as Sir Michael Marmot (Immediate Past President of WMA). On the other hand, they also connected with different national health ministries, which will help to expand our work at the national level for our National Member Organizations.
- It’s not a goodbye, it’s a see you later! | Annual Report 2022/23
- Building resilience | CRIMEDIM’s health systems lens
- Healthy planet, healthy people | Discussing the interconnectedness of our health with Shweta Narayan
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024