Last week (September 25th – 29th), IFMSA sent a delegation to the WHO AMRO – Regional Committee, 29th Sanitary Meeting of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) in Washington DC.
After several months of preparations and work, the members from the Americas region made an excellent performance during the meeting. During the PAHO Meeting, they had the chance to present their statements in different points of the agenda, starting from their regional priority, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and Sustainable Agenda, going through topics as Universal Health Coverage (UHC), Tobacco Control, Violence and Health and last but not least, Human Resources for Health (HRH).
The IFMSA delegation also had the opportunity to contact different authorities from WHO, including Dr Carissa F. Etienne (WHO Regional Director for the Americas) and Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (WHO Director-General), as well as Sir Michael Marmot (Immediate Past President of WMA). On the other hand, they also connected with different national health ministries, which will help to expand our work at the national level for our National Member Organizations.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021