On the side lines of this year’s World Health Assembly, IFMSA was invited by SheDecides (www.shedecides.com) to be part of their set of youth consultations. The aim of this process was to define a new strategy and way forward that included the voices of young people and to help develop and articulate this movement.
The 90-minute strategic discussion facilitated by Hattaway Communications engaged participants to understand their perceptions about SheDecides, motivations for being a part of the movement, and resources they need to advance the cause in their countries and communities. Opportunities, challenges and practicalities about the movement were also discussed. That also served as an opportunity to test language concepts for the movement’s strategy.
IFMSA is proud to contribute to such a meaningful initiative through the input of 10 of our delegates as we definitely share SheDecides vision: A world where every girl and woman can decide what to do with her body, with her life and with her future. Without a question.
To read SheDecides full manifesto click HERE.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021