On the side lines of this year’s World Health Assembly, IFMSA was invited by SheDecides (www.shedecides.com) to be part of their set of youth consultations. The aim of this process was to define a new strategy and way forward that included the voices of young people and to help develop and articulate this movement.
The 90-minute strategic discussion facilitated by Hattaway Communications engaged participants to understand their perceptions about SheDecides, motivations for being a part of the movement, and resources they need to advance the cause in their countries and communities. Opportunities, challenges and practicalities about the movement were also discussed. That also served as an opportunity to test language concepts for the movement’s strategy.
IFMSA is proud to contribute to such a meaningful initiative through the input of 10 of our delegates as we definitely share SheDecides vision: A world where every girl and woman can decide what to do with her body, with her life and with her future. Without a question.
To read SheDecides full manifesto click HERE.
- Healthcare students in HIV response – launching the Declaration of Commitment
- 1st Call for International Assistants, Program Coordinators and Code of Conduct Committee of the term 2023-2024
- SKY Meeting – ANEM Portugal
- Obstetric urgency and emergency workshop – IFMSA-Brazil
- Breaking The Silence (BTS) – CIMSA-Indonesia