IFMSA at the World Health Summit Regional Meeting in Latin America
Today starts for the first time in Latin America the World Health Summit Regional Meeting and IFMSA is part of it. Hosted by Brazil and organized by the University of Sao Paulo this is a unique opportunity for the federation to participate in the different discussions about key global health challenges in the Americas region and in the world.
The World Health Summit (WHS) is the annual conference, in Berlin, Germany, of the M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities and National Academies. It is hosted by the government of Germany and organized by the WHS Foundation GmbH, with its Organizing, Executive and Media Office located at the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin. It is one of the world’s foremost gatherings of global health leaders where IFMSA year after year has increasingly expanded its participation.
In this occasion, for the next three days, IFMSA delegates Arthur Mello, RA SCOPH, Maxime Leroux, RA SCORP, Gustavo Fitas, PAMSA NMO Assistant and Jacqueline Forti, IFMSA-Brazil, together with researchers, health experts, academia, civil society, policy makers and private initiatives will collaborate to build up a stronger response to address challenges in medical research, global health and health care delivery in America. The summit will consist in workshops, keynote lectures, symposia and poster presentations about different topics related to the five tracks in which the program is organized:
1. Healthy Life Expectancy
2. Urban health/Health in Megacities
3. Increase Research Capacities to Incorporate Technologies
4. Management of Health Systems to Ensure Universal Coverage
5. Health education
The Federation supports the purpose of the WHS by promoting youth interdisciplinary collaboration in global governance for health. IFMSA, as a network of National Member Organizations of future physicians around the world is committed to propose innovative solutions and advocate for the inclusion of medical students and future physicians in national and international health forums.
- 152nd WHO Executive Board Meeting
- IFMSA, FIGO and WATOG joint statement on abortion and contraception in medical education
- Youth Action for a Healthy Future for All! | Universal Health Coverage Day 2022
- Join the IFMSA Journey! 3rd call for International Teams for the term 2022/2023
- IFMSA Delegation at Open Education Conference 2021